The No. 1 seed Alabama Crimson Tide (21-6) are favored by 8.5 points in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals when they play the No. 9 seed Mississippi State Bulldogs (15-13) Friday at Bridgestone Arena, starting at 12:00 PM ET on ESPN. The winner moves one game closer to claiming a guaranteed place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Crimson Tide and their opponents have combined to record more than 141 points in 66.7% of their games this year (18 of 27 opportunities).
- Mississippi State and its opponents have combined to score at least 141 points in 50% of their matchups this year (14 of 28 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 149.2 points per game, 8.2 more points than the over/under of 141 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 136.3 points per game, 4.7 less than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total for Crimson Tide games this season is 8.9 more points than the total of 141 in this matchup.
- Bulldogs games this season have averaged a total of 135.6 points, 5.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Crimson Tide average 13.6 more points per game (79.6) than the Bulldogs allow (66).
- When Alabama puts up more than 66 points, it is 20-2 overall and 14-0-1 against the spread.
- Mississippi State has compiled a 1-4 record against the spread and a 1-4 record overall when giving up more than 79.6 points.
- The Bulldogs put up an average of 69.6 points per game, only 0.7 fewer points than the 70.3 the Crimson Tide allow to opponents.
- Mississippi State has compiled a 10-6 overall record and a 9-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 70.3 points.
- Alabama has an ATS record of 5-7-1 and an 11-3 record overall when its opponents score more than 69.6 points.
- The Crimson Tide have out-scored their opponents by a total of 251 points this season (9.3 points per game on average), and the Bulldogs have put up 102 more points than their opponents on the year (3.6 per game).
Alabama Betting Information
- Alabama has been good against the spread this season, posting a 14-11-1 record.
- The Crimson Tide fare well when favored by at least 8.5 points, posting a 6-2 record against the spread.
- The Crimson Tide have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 12 of 26 contests this season, a rate of 46.2%
Mississippi State Betting Information
- The Bulldogs have a winning record against the spread, going 15-12 ATS (covering 55.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have fared well, going 3-1 against the spread.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 13 of 27 (48.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2021||Alabama||-6||147.5||-262||+211||Regular Season||64-59 ALA|
|1/23/2021||Alabama||-9.5||149||-503||+381||Regular Season||81-73 ALA|
|2/25/2020||Mississippi State||-5||158||-218||+174||Regular Season||80-73 MSSTATE|
|1/8/2020||Alabama||-3||153.5||-157||+129||Regular Season||90-69 ALA|
|2/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-62 MSSTATE|
|1/29/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-79 ALA|
- Herbert Jones leads the Crimson Tide in rebounds and assists. Jones averages 10.9 points, 6.1 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game.
- Jaden Shackelford is Alabama’s leading scorer, tallying 14.4 per game while tacking on 4.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists.
- John Petty Jr. provides the bulk of the Crimson Tide’s three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.5 threes per game to lead the team.
- The Alabama steals leader is Jones, who averages 1.7 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jordan Bruner, who compiles 1.1 rejections per contest.
Mississippi State Leaders
- Iverson Molinar is at the top of the Bulldogs scoring leaderboard with 16.6 points per game. He also collects 3.8 rebounds and racks up 2.5 assists per game.
- The Mississippi State leaders in rebounding and assists are Tolu Smith with 8.6 rebounds per game (he also adds 12.7 points and 1.2 assists per game) and Deivon Smith with 3.0 assists per game (he also tacks on 5.0 points and 3.6 rebounds per game).
- D.J. Stewart is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Bulldogs, hitting 1.5 threes per game.
- Stewart (1.3 steals per game) is the steal leader for Mississippi State while Abdul Ado (1.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED