The No. 4 seed Tennessee Volunteers (18-7) are 3.5-point underdogs in their SEC Tournament semifinals matchup against the No. 1 seed Alabama Crimson Tide (22-6) on Saturday at Bridgestone Arena, tipping off at 1:00 PM ET on ESPN. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 64.3% of their games this season (18 of 28 chances), the Crimson Tide and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 138.5 points.
- Tennessee has played in 12 games this season (out of 25 total matchups — 48% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 138.5 points.
- The Crimson Tide and the Volunteers combine to average 14.0 more points per game than the over/under of 138.5 set for this game.
- The Crimson Tide and the Volunteers have seen their opponents average a combined 6.2 less points per game than the point total of 138.5 set in this game.
- The average point total in Crimson Tide games this year is 10.8 more points than the total of 138.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Volunteers this year is 3.0 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 79.8 points per game the Crimson Tide average are 17 more points than the Volunteers allow (62.8).
- Alabama has a 15-0-1 record against the spread and a 22-4 record overall when scoring more than 62.8 points.
- Tennessee is 1-0 overall and 0-1 against the spread in games when it allows more than 79.8 points.
- The Volunteers’ 72.7 points per game are just 3.2 more points than the 69.5 the Crimson Tide give up.
- In games it puts up more than 69.5 points, Tennessee is 10-0 against the spread and 13-1 overall.
- Alabama has an ATS record of 4-7-1 and a 9-3 record overall when its opponents score more than 72.7 points.
- The Crimson Tide have put up a total of 288 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 10.3 per game), and the Volunteers have out-scored opponents by 246 points on the season (9.9 more per game).
Alabama Betting Information
- Alabama has been good against the spread this season, posting a 15-11-1 record.
- The Crimson Tide fare well when favored by at least 3.5 points, posting a 9-8-1 record against the spread.
- Alabama and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 12 of 27 games this season (44.4%).
Tennessee Betting Information
- Tennessee has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 14-11 ATS.
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Volunteers have fared well, going 14-10 against the spread.
- In most of Volunteers games this year, the teams have not hit the over (11 out of 25 games, 44%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||Tennessee||-10||145.5||-564||+414||Regular Season||71-63 ALA|
|2/4/2020||Alabama||-4.5||146.5||-209||+166||Regular Season||69-68 TENN|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-68 TENN|
- The Crimson Tide leader in rebounds and assist is Herbert Jones, who grabs 6.1 rebounds and gives out 3.3 assists per game along with scoring 10.8 points per contest.
- Jaden Shackelford leads Alabama in scoring, averaging 14.4 per game to go with 3.9 rebounds and 2.0 assists.
- John Petty Jr. makes more threes per game than any other member of the Crimson Tide, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.5 per contest.
- The Alabama steals leader is Jones, who averages 1.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jordan Bruner, who compiles 1.1 rejections per contest.
- Jaden Springer is the top scorer for the Volunteers with 12.3 points per game. He also adds 3.5 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game to his statistics.
- Tennessee’s leader in rebounds is Josiah-Jordan James with 6.2 per game, and its leader in assists is Santiago Vescovi with 3.2 per game.
- Vescovi’s 1.9 made threes per game lead the Volunteers.
- Tennessee’s leader in steals is James (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Yves Pons (1.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED