The Vanderbilt Commodores (6-11) visit the No. 8 Alabama Crimson Tide (17-5) as double-digit, 14.5-point underdogs after Dylan Disu scored 29 points in the Commodores 82-78 loss to Kentucky. The matchup airs on SECN at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 153 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alabama (-14.5)||Under (153)||Alabama 84 Vanderbilt 65|
- In 10 of 22 games (45.5%) this year, the Crimson Tide and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 153 points.
- Vanderbilt has played in five games this year (out of 17 total matchups — 29.4% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 153 points.
- These two teams average a combined 154.3 points per game, 1.3 more points than the total of 153 set for this game.
- The Crimson Tide and the Commodores have seen their opponents average a combined 9.5 less points per game than the point total of 153 set in this outing.
- The Crimson Tide average point total in matchups this year is 151, two points less than the over/under in this game.
- Commodores games this season have averaged an over/under of 146.8 points, 6.2 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Crimson Tide record 80.8 points per game, 7.4 more points than the 73.4 the Commodores allow.
- When Alabama puts up more than 73.4 points, it is 15-0 overall and 10-0-1 against the spread.
- When Vanderbilt allows more than 80.8 points, it is 2-4-1 against the spread and 1-6 overall.
- The Commodores put up only 3.4 more points per game (73.5) than the Crimson Tide give up to opponents (70.1).
- When it scores more than 70.1 points, Vanderbilt is 7-0-2 against the spread and 5-6 overall.
- Alabama’s record is 3-3-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall when it allows more than 73.5 points.
- The Crimson Tide have put up a total of 235 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 10.7 per game), and the Commodores have out-scored opponents by just two points on the season (0.1 more per game).
Alabama Betting Information
- Alabama has been good against the spread this season, posting a 12-8-1 record.
- The Crimson Tide have posted a winning record of 1-0 against the spread when the spread is -14.5 or higher.
- Alabama has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 10 times in 21 contests (47.6%).
Vanderbilt Betting Information
- The Commodores have a winning record against the spread, going 9-6-2 ATS (covering 52.9% of the time).
- When they play as at least 14.5-point underdogs, the Commodores have a record ATS of 2-0.
- The Commodores and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 10 of 17 (58.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/3/2020||Alabama||-12||154.5||-902||+570||Regular Season||87-79 VAND|
|1/22/2020||Alabama||-9.5||153||-533||+385||Regular Season||77-62 ALA|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-61 ALA|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-67 ALA|
- Herbert Jones leads the Crimson Tide in rebounds and assists. Jones averages 11.9 points, 5.9 rebounds, and 3.0 assists per game.
- Jaden Shackelford is the Crimson Tide scoring leader, averaging 13.9 points per game. He adds 4.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists per contest.
- John Petty Jr. paces his teammates on the Crimson Tide with 2.6 made threes per contest.
- The Alabama steals leader is Jones, who averages 1.6 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jordan Bruner, who compiles 1.2 rejections per contest.
- Scotty Pippen Jr. racks up 20.3 points and tacks on 5.2 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Commodores’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- The Commodores’ top rebounder is Disu — he grabs 8.9 per game while averaging 14.9 points per game.
- Petty leads his teammates on the Commodores with 1.9 made threes per game.
- The Commodores’ leader in steals is Pippen with 1.7 per game, and Disu is their leader in blocks with 1.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED