The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-9) are expected to continue a nine-game losing streak when they host the Alabama State Hornets (0-2) as 6.5-point underdogs at 5:30 PM ET on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at Robert W. Harrison Complex. The over/under is 143 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi Valley State (+6.5)||Under (143)||Mississippi Valley State 74 Alabama State 68|
- In nine of 32 opportunities (28.1%) last year, the Hornets and their opponents put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- Mississippi Valley State combined with its opponents to score at least 143 points in 23 of 30 games (76.7%) last season.
- These two teams averaged a combined 129.7 points per game last year, 13.3 fewer points than the over/under of 143 set for this game.
- The Hornets and the Delta Devils saw their opponents average a combined 17.7 more points per game last season than the over/under of 143 set for this matchup.
- The average point total in Hornets games last season was 10.6 fewer points than the over/under of 143 in this matchup.
- Delta Devils games last year averaged an over/under of 157.9 points, 14.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Alabama State Betting Information
- Alabama State was good against the spread last season, posting an 11-10-1 record.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Hornets compiled a 1-1 record ATS.
- The Hornets combined with their opponents to go over the total in 10 of 22 contests last season, a rate of 45.5%
Mississippi Valley State Betting Information
- Mississippi Valley State has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 2-7 ATS.
- The Delta Devils and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 3 of 9 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-74 ALASU|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-75 ALASU|
|2/11/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-59 ALASU|
|1/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-79 ALASU|
Alabama State Leaders
- Brandon Battle averaged 6.8 points per contest to go with 4.3 rebounds and 0.3 assists per game last season.
- Tyrese Robinson pulled down 4.4 rebounds per game, while DJ Heath dished out 2.3 assists per contest.
- Kevion Stewart knocked down 0.6 threes per game a season ago.
- Heath averaged 0.7 takeaways per game, while Robinson compiled 0.6 rejections per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Leaders
- Kam’Ron Cunningham averages 12.9 points per game to be the top scorer for the Delta Devils.
- Mississippi Valley State’s leader in rebounds is Terry Collins with 4.5 per game, and its leader in assists is Caleb Hunter with 3.0 per game.
- Devin Gordon is dependable from three-point range and leads the Delta Devils with 2.6 made threes per game.
- Mississippi Valley State’s leader in steals is Collins with 1.8 per game, and its leader in blocks is Treylan Smith with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found