Cam Bryant leads the Georgia Southern Eagles (6-2) into a matchup with the Appalachian State Mountaineers (6-3) after scoring 29 points in an 119-43 win over Carver. The Eagles are 2.5-point underdogs in the game on Friday, January 8, 2021, which starts at 6:00 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is set at 133.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Appalachian State (-2.5)||Over (133.5)||Appalachian State 73 Georgia Southern 65|
- In four of nine opportunities (44.4%) this season, the Mountaineers and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s point total of 133.5 points.
- In six of eight games (75%) this season, Georgia Southern and its opponents have combined to score more than 133.5 points.
- The Mountaineers and the Eagles combine to average 26.2 more points per game than the total of 133.5 set for this matchup.
- The Mountaineers and the Eagles have seen their opponents average a combined 9.8 fewer points per game than the point total of 133.5 set in this game.
- The average over/under the Mountaineers have had set in games this season is 3.6 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Eagles games this year is 20.0 more points than the point total of 133.5 in this outing.
Appalachian State Betting Information
- Against the spread, Appalachian State has been strong this season, posting a 3-1-1 record.
- The Mountaineers fare well when favored by at least 2.5 points, posting a 1-0 record against the spread.
- The Mountaineers have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 1 of 5 contests this season, a rate of 20%
Georgia Southern Betting Information
- Georgia Southern has covered the spread in half of its games, going 2-2 ATS.
- The Eagles have not fared well as a 2.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Georgia Southern has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this season (2 out of 4 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||Georgia Southern||-5.5||140.5||-245||+193||Regular Season||62-57 APPLST|
|1/4/2020||Appalachian State||-1.5||140.5||-125||+102||Regular Season||74-72 APPLST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-69 GAS|
Appalachian State Leaders
- Adrian Delph leads the Mountaineers in scoring, tallying 11.8 points per game to go with 3.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Donovan Gregory leads Appalachian State in rebounding, averaging 4.8 per game, while Michael Almonacy leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.8 in each contest.
- The Mountaineers get the most three-point shooting production out of Delph, who makes 2.2 threes per game.
- Justin Forrest is the Mountaineers leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while James Lewis leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
Georgia Southern Leaders
- Zack Bryant is the top scorer for the Eagles with 15.1 points per game. He also tacks on 2.3 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game to his stats.
- The Eagles’ leader in rebounds is Prince Toyambi with 5.8 per outing, and their leader in assists is Eric Boone with 2.8 per game.
- Boone’s 1.3 made threes per game lead the Eagles.
- Georgia Southern’s leader in steals is Boone (2.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Zack Bryant (1.0 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found