The Arizona State Sun Devils (4-8) are 8-point favorites as they try to stop a six-game losing streak when they host the California Golden Bears (7-10) on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at Desert Financial Arena (AZ). The game airs at 11:00 PM ET on FS1. The over/under is set at 143.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Sun Devils and their opponents have totaled at least 143.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in eight of 12 outings (66.7%) this season.
- Cal has played in five games this season (out of 17 total matchups — 29.4% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 143.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 143.4 points per game, 0.1 fewer points than the total of 143.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.0 more points per game (147.5) than this game’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- The Sun Devils average point total in outings this year is 153.4, 9.9 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Golden Bears this season is 6.0 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Sun Devils score 75.6 points per game, 5.9 more points than the 69.7 the Golden Bears give up.
- When Arizona State scores more than 69.7 points, it is 0-0-1 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
- When Cal allows more than 75.6 points, it is 3-2 against the spread and 1-4 overall.
- The Golden Bears put up 10 fewer points per game (67.8) than the Sun Devils allow their opponents to score (77.8).
- Cal is 3-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 77.8 points.
- Arizona State is 0-10-1 against the spread and 3-8 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 67.8 points.
- The Sun Devils have a -27-point scoring differential on the season (-2.2 per game). The Golden Bears have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-33 total points, -1.9 per game).
Arizona State Betting Information
- The Sun Devils have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 0-10-1 record.
- The Sun Devils have posted a losing record of 0-2 against the spread when the spread is -8 or bigger.
- In 6 of 11 (54.5%) contests this season, Arizona State and its opponents have hit the total.
Cal Betting Information
- Cal has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 8-7 ATS.
- When they are at least 8-point underdogs, the Golden Bears have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- Cal has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 73.3% of matchups this year (11 out of 15 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/3/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-62 ASU|
|2/16/2020||Arizona State||-6||133.5||-276||+213||Regular Season||80-75 ASU|
Arizona State Leaders
- Remy Martin leads the Sun Devils in points and assists per game, scoring 17.4 points and distributing 4.2 assists.
- Marcus Bagley is Arizona State’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 6.4 boards in each contest while scoring 12.1 points per game.
- Bagley leads his teammates on the Sun Devils with 2.6 made threes per contest.
- Josh Christopher and Jalen Graham lead Arizona State on the defensive end, with Christopher leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Graham in blocks averaging 2.0 per contest.
- Matt Bradley scores 17.1 points per game to be the top scorer for the Golden Bears.
- Andre Kelly is at the top of the Golden Bears rebounding leaderboard with 5.8 rebounds per game, and Joel Brown paces the squad in assists with 3.5 per outing.
- Makale Foreman leads the Golden Bears in three-point shooting with an average of 2.2 made threes per game.
- Cal’s leader in steals is Brown (1.8 per game), and its leader in blocks is Grant Anticevich (0.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED