The Arkansas State Red Wolves (10-12) are favored (-1.5) to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Georgia Southern Eagles (13-12) at 6:00 PM ET on Friday, March 5, 2021 at Hartsell Arena. The contest airs on ESPN+. The point total is set at 135.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Red Wolves and their opponents have combined for 135.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 14 of 22 outings (63.6%) this year.
- Georgia Southern has played in 13 games this season (out of 25 total matchups — 52% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 135.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 145.3 points per game, 9.8 more points than the total of 135.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.4 more points per game (137.9) than this game’s total of 135.5 points.
- The Red Wolves average point total in outings this season is 143.1, 7.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total in Eagles games this year is 4.6 more points than the point total of 135.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.2 points per game the Red Wolves put up are 5.2 more points than the Eagles allow (68).
- Arkansas State is 9-5 overall and 7-0 against the spread when scoring more than 68 points.
- In games when Georgia Southern gives up more than 73.2 points, it is 4-5 against the spread and 3-7 overall.
- The Eagles average only 2.2 more points per game (72.1) than the Red Wolves give up (69.9).
- When it scores more than 69.9 points, Georgia Southern is 5-0 against the spread and 8-4 overall.
- Arkansas State is 5-4 against the spread and 3-6 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 72.1 points.
- The Red Wolves have scored a total of 73 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 3.3 per game), and the Eagles have out-scored opponents by 102 points on the season (4.1 more per game).
Arkansas State Betting Information
- Arkansas State been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, compiling a 9-9-1 record.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Red Wolves have struggled to a 1-3 record ATS this season.
- Arkansas State and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the total in 9 of 19 games this season (47.4%).
Georgia Southern Betting Information
- Georgia Southern has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 9-12 ATS.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Eagles have a record ATS of 3-5.
- In most of Georgia Southern’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (9 out of 21 games, 42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/3/2020||Georgia Southern||-7.5||147.5||-348||+268||Regular Season||76-75 ARKST|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-70 GAS|
Arkansas State Leaders
- The Red Wolves leader in points and assists is Marquis Eaton, who puts up 14.1 points per game along with 5.1 assists.
- Norchad Omier leads Arkansas State in rebounding, pulling down 11.8 rebounds per game while also scoring 12.5 points a contest.
- Malcolm Farrington contributes the bulk of the Red Wolves’ three-point shooting production. He makes 1.8 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Caleb Fields is the Red Wolves leader in steals, averaging 1.0 steal per game, while Omier leads them in blocks with 1.5 per contest.
Georgia Southern Leaders
- Zack Bryant averages 13.9 points per game and is the top scorer for the Eagles.
- Prince Toyambi is at the top of the Eagles rebounding leaderboard with 6.0 rebounds per game, and Eric Boone leads the squad in assists with 3.0 per outing.
- Gedi Juozapaitis is the top scorer from deep for the Eagles, hitting 1.8 threes per game.
- The Eagles’ leader in steals is Boone with 2.2 per game, and Bryant is their leader in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED