The Ball State Cardinals (9-11) visit the Eastern Michigan Eagles (5-11) as 8-point favorites after Ishmael El-Amin racked up 33 points in the Cardinals 97-91 victory over Central Michigan. The matchup is at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. The point total in the matchup is 144.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Eastern Michigan (+8)||Over (144.5)||Ball State 78 Eastern Michigan 70|
- In 65% of their opportunities this year (13 of 20 chances), the Cardinals and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 144.5 points.
- In 11 of 16 outings (68.8%) this year, Eastern Michigan has combined with its opponents to score more than 144.5 points.
- The Cardinals and the Eagles combine to average 0.6 fewer points per game than the total of 144.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 149.5 points per game, 5.0 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Cardinals average point total in matchups this season is 147.6, 3.1 points higher than the total in this game.
- Eagles games this year have averaged a total of 145.8 points, 1.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Ball State Betting Information
- Ball State has struggled against the spread, going 7-13 on the year.
- The Cardinals have covered half the time, going 1-1 against the spread when favored by at least 8 points.
- The Cardinals and their opponents have gone over the total in 14 of 20 games (70%) this season.
Eastern Michigan Betting Information
- The Eagles have a 4-8 record against the spread, covering in just 33.3% of their matchups.
- In the majority of Eastern Michigan’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 12 games, 75%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Ball State||-6||119||-279||+218||Regular Season||64-55 BALLST|
|1/14/2020||Ball State||-3.5||124.5||-176||+144||Regular Season||69-52 BALLST|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-61 EMICH|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-82 EMICH|
Ball State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Cardinals this season is El-Amin, who averages 16.2 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game.
- K.J. Walton is the Cardinals leading rebounder, pulling down 5.6 per game, while Jarron Coleman is their best passer, averaging 3.5 assists in each contest.
- Coleman makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cardinals, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per contest.
- El-Amin and Blake Huggins lead the Cardinals on the defensive end, with El-Amin leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Huggins in blocks averaging 0.6 per contest.
Eastern Michigan Leaders
- Ty Groce has the top spot on the Eagles leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 14.7 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
- Bryce McBride’s assist statline leads Eastern Michigan; he racks up 2.5 assists per game.
- Drew Lowder paces his teammates on the Eagles with 1.8 made threes per contest.
- Eastern Michigan’s leader in steals is Yeikson Montero with 2.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Groce with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED