The Ball State Cardinals (5-4) visit the Miami (OH) RedHawks (4-4) as 3.5-point favorites after Miryne Thomas went off for 20 points in the Cardinals 78-58 victory over Northern Illinois. The matchup airs on ESP3 at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at 138.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Ball State (-3.5)||Over (138)||Ball State 72 Miami (OH) 68|
- The Cardinals and their opponents have scored more than 138 points in 66.7% of their outings this season (six of nine opportunities).
- Miami (OH) has played in four games this season (out of eight total matchups — 50% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 138 points.
- These two teams average a combined 140.1 points per game, 2.1 more points than the over/under of 138 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.8 more points per game (139.8) than this game’s over/under of 138 points.
- The average point total for Cardinals games this year is 5.8 more points than the over/under of 138 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for RedHawks games this year is 1.9 less points than the point total of 138 in this outing.
Ball State Betting Information
- Ball State has covered in just four of nine matchups this season.
- The Cardinals have posted a winning record of 3-1 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or higher.
- Ball State has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 7 of 9 games for a 77.8% rate.
Miami (OH) Betting Information
- The RedHawks have a 3-4 record against the spread, covering in just 42.9% of their contests.
- When they play as at least 3.5-point underdogs, the RedHawks have a record ATS of 2-1.
- In the majority of RedHawks games this season, the teams have not hit the over (3 out of 7 games, 42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/18/2020||Ball State||-9||138||-460||+337||Regular Season||71-62 BALLST|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-66 MIAOH|
|1/22/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-65 MIAOH|
Ball State Leaders
- The Cardinals scoring leader is K.J. Walton, who averages 16.6 per contest to go with 5.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Thomas leads Ball State in rebounding, averaging 6.0 per game, while Ishmael El-Amin leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.5 in each contest.
- El-Amin provides the most three-point shooting production for the Cardinals. He makes 1.9 threes per game.
- El-Amin and Blake Huggins lead the Cardinals on the defensive end, with El-Amin leading the team in steals averaging 2.1 per game and Huggins in blocks averaging 0.7 per contest.
Miami (OH) Leaders
- Mekhi Lairy puts up 11.9 points per game and is the top scorer for the RedHawks.
- The RedHawks’ leader in rebounds is Dalonte Brown with 6.6 per outing, and their leader in assists is Isaiah Coleman-Lands with 3.3 per game.
- Dae Dae Grant knocks down 1.9 three-pointers per game, the most on the RedHawks.
- Miami (OH)’s leader in steals is Grant (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Precious Ayah (0.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends