Davion Mitchell leads the No. 2 Baylor Bears (17-0) into a matchup against the Iowa State Cyclones (2-16) after putting up 27 points in an 83-69 win over Texas. The Cyclones are 23-point underdogs in the matchup on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, which tips off at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 147 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Baylor (-23)||Under (147)||Baylor 85 Iowa State 61|
- The Bears and their opponents have put up at least 147 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 17 outings (52.9%) this year.
- In eight of 18 opportunities (44.4%) this year, Iowa State and its opponents have combined to score more than 147 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.6 more points per game (152.6) than this game’s total of 147 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.3 fewer points per game (139.7) than this matchup’s total of 147 points.
- The average point total in Bears games this year is 2.8 more points than the total of 147 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Cyclones this season is 4.6 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bears score 10.1 more points per game (87) than the Cyclones allow (76.9).
- Baylor has a 9-0 record against the spread and a 13-0 record overall when putting up more than 76.9 points.
- Iowa State is 0-4 against the spread and 0-4 overall when giving up more than 87 points.
- The Cyclones score only 2.8 more points per game (65.6) than the Bears allow their opponents to score (62.8).
- Iowa State has put together a 1-11 overall record and a 6-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 62.8 points.
- Baylor is 4-3 against the spread and 8-0 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 65.6 points.
- The Bears have out-scored their opponents by a total of 411 points this season (24.2 points per game on average), and opponents of the Cyclones have out-scored them by 204 more points on the year (11.3 per game).
Baylor Betting Information
- Baylor has been strong against the spread, going 12-4 on the season.
- The Bears have posted a winning record of 4-1 against the spread when the spread is -23 or higher.
- The Bears have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (8 of 16 contests).
Iowa State Betting Information
- Iowa State has covered the spread in less than half of its games, going 7-11 ATS.
- When they are at least 23-point underdogs, the Cyclones have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- The Cyclones and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 10 of 18 (55.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||Baylor||-15||148||-1791||+928||Regular Season||76-65 BAYLOR|
|1/29/2020||Baylor||-4.5||136.5||-212||+168||Regular Season||67-53 BAYLOR|
|1/15/2020||Baylor||-8.5||137.5||-440||+330||Regular Season||68-55 BAYLOR|
- Jared Butler leads the Bears in scoring, tallying 17.0 points per game to go with 3.3 rebounds and 5.2 assists.
- Baylor’s leading rebounder is Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua averaging 6.4 boards per game and its best passer is Mitchell and his 5.8 assists per game.
- Butler makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bears, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.6 per contest.
- Butler and Mark Vital lead Baylor on the defensive end, with Butler leading the team in steals averaging 2.4 per game and Vital in blocks averaging 1.0 per contest.
Iowa State Leaders
- Rasir Bolton’s points (15.7 per game) and assists (3.9 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Cyclones’ leaderboards.
- Iowa State’s Solomon Young stats (4.8 rebounds per game, 11.0 points per game, 0.5 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Jalen Coleman-Lands provides the most three-point shooting production for the Cyclones. He makes 2.3 threes per game.
- Bolton (1.4 steals per game) is the steal leader for Iowa State while Javan Johnson (1.0 block per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends