The No. 18 Texas Tech Red Raiders (17-8) are 8-point underdogs as they attempt to extend a three-game win streak when they visit the No. 3 Baylor Bears (20-1) at 4:00 PM ET on Sunday, March 7, 2021 at Ferrell Center. The contest airs on ESPN. The over/under in the matchup is set at 139.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas Tech (+8)||Over (139)||Baylor 75 Texas Tech 68|
- In 15 of 21 games (71.4%) this season, the Bears and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 139 points.
- Texas Tech and its opponents have combined to score at least 139 points in 36% of their matchups this year (nine of 25 chances).
- The Bears and the Red Raiders combine to average 19.5 more points per game than the over/under of 139 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 127.5 points per game, 11.5 fewer than the point total for this matchup.
- The Bears average point total in matchups this year is 150.4, 11.4 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Red Raiders games this season have averaged a total of 135.6 points, 3.4 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bears record 22.9 more points per game (85.2) than the Red Raiders allow (62.3).
- When Baylor scores more than 62.3 points, it is 12-0-1 against the spread and 20-0 overall.
- When Texas Tech gives up more than 85.2 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- The Red Raiders put up 8.1 more points per game (73.3) than the Bears allow their opponents to score (65.2).
- When it scores more than 65.2 points, Texas Tech is 9-0 against the spread and 15-4 overall.
- Baylor has an ATS record of 0-1-1 and a 3-0 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.3 points.
- The Bears have out-scored their opponents by a total of 419 points this season (20 points per game on average), and the Red Raiders have put up 276 more points than their opponents on the year (11 per game).
Baylor Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Bears have covered 12 times in 20 contests.
- The Bears have posted a winning record of 8-6 against the spread when the spread is -8 or bigger.
- The Bears and their opponents have gone over the total in 11 of 20 games (55%) this season.
Texas Tech Betting Information
- The Red Raiders have a 9-15 record against the spread, covering in just 37.5% of their games.
- The Red Raiders have gone 6-6 against the spread when they are at least an 8-point underdog.
- In the majority of Texas Tech’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (11 out of 24 games, 45.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Baylor||-4||136||-182||+148||Regular Season||68-60 BAYLOR|
|3/2/2020||Baylor||-7||129.5||-355||+274||Regular Season||71-68 BAYLOR|
|1/7/2020||Texas Tech||-3||130||-165||+135||Regular Season||57-52 BAYLOR|
- The scoring leader for the Bears this season is Jared Butler, who averages 17.1 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 5.0 assists per game.
- Mark Vital leads Baylor in rebounding, averaging 5.9 per game, while Davion Mitchell leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.6 in each contest.
- Butler paces his teammates on the Bears with 2.8 made threes per contest.
- Butler and Vital lead the Bears on the defensive end, with Butler leading the team in steals averaging 2.2 per game and Vital in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
Texas Tech Leaders
- Mac McClung is the top scorer for the Red Raiders with 16.4 points per game. He also adds 2.7 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game to his statistics.
- The Red Raiders’ leader in rebounds is Marcus Santos-Silva with 6.4 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Kyler Edwards with 2.6 per game.
- Edwards is the top scorer from distance for the Red Raiders, hitting 1.8 threes per game.
- Kevin McCullar (1.7 steals per game) and Santos-Silva (1.2 blocks per game) lead the Red Raiders in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED