The Belmont Bruins (11-1) are heavily favored (-17) to continue an eight-game win streak when they host the SIU-Edwardsville Cougars (4-4) at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Curb Event Center. The game airs on ESPN+. The over/under is 148 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|SIU-Edwardsville (+17)||Under (148)||Belmont 78 SIU-Edwardsville 67|
- The Bruins and their opponents have put up at least 148 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 12 opportunities (58.3%) this year.
- SIU-Edwardsville has combined with its opponents to score at least 148 points in one of eight opportunities (12.5%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 2.8 more points per game (150.8) than this game’s over/under of 148 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined eight fewer points per game (140) than this game’s total of 148 points.
- The average point total in Bruins games this year is 5.4 more points than the total of 148 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Cougars this season is 10.6 points less than this game’s over/under.
Belmont Betting Information
- The Bruins have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 9-2 record.
- The Bruins have posted a losing record of 1-2 against the spread when the spread is -17 or bigger.
- More often than not, Belmont and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 7 of 11 chances this season.
SIU-Edwardsville Betting Information
- SIU-Edwardsville has a 5-2 record against the spread, covering in 71.4% of their games.
- SIU-Edwardsville has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 28.6% of matchups this year (2 out of 7 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2020||Belmont||-23.5||145.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-69 SIUE|
- The leader in rebounds and assists for the Bruins is Grayson Murphy, who pulls down 8.0 boards and distributes 4.7 assists per game to go with a 9.9 PPG scoring average.
- Belmont’s leading scorer is Nick Muszynski, who tallies 15.9 points a game in addition to his 5.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Luke Smith makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Bruins, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 3.1 per outing.
- Smith is the Bruins leader in steals, averaging 2.4 steals per game, while Muszynski leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
- Sidney Wilson is the top scorer for the Cougars with 13.3 points per game. He also adds 4.7 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game to his statistics.
- The Cougars’ leader in rebounds is Mike Adewunmi with 6.1 per outing, and their leader in assists is Courtney Carter with 4.1 per game.
- Wilson provides the most three-point shooting production for the Cougars. He makes 1.3 threes per game.
- Carter (1.8 steals per game) is the steal leader for SIU-Edwardsville while Philip Pepple Jr. (2.5 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends