The Georgetown Hoyas (3-6) are expected to extend a three-game losing streak when they visit the Butler Bulldogs (2-5) as 5-point underdogs at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at Hinkle Fieldhouse. The contest airs on FS1. The point total for the matchup is 142.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Georgetown (+5)||Under (142)||Georgetown 71 Butler 70|
- In 85.7% of their games this year (six of seven chances), the Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 142 points.
- Georgetown has combined with its opponents to score at least 142 points in five of nine outings (55.6%) this year.
- The Bulldogs and the Hoyas combine to average 4.1 less points per game than the total of 142 set for this matchup.
- The Bulldogs and the Hoyas have seen their opponents average a combined 3.5 more points per game than the point total of 142 set for this outing.
- The Bulldogs average point total in matchups this year is 134.9, 7.1 points below the total in this game.
- The average over/under for Hoyas games this season is 6.4 more points than the point total of 142 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bulldogs record 10.6 fewer points per game (64.3) than the Hoyas allow (74.9).
- When Butler totals more than 74.9 points, it is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread.
- Georgetown is 2-4 against the spread and 1-5 overall when giving up more than 64.3 points.
- The Hoyas’ 73.6 points per game are only three more points than the 70.6 the Bulldogs give up.
- Georgetown is 3-0 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it scores more than 70.6 points.
- Butler is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it gives up more than 73.6 points.
- The Bulldogs have a negative point differential on the season (-44 total points, -6.3 per game), as do the Hoyas (-12 total points, -1.3 per game).
Butler Betting Information
- Butler has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 2-4-1 record.
- The Bulldogs have posted a losing record of 0-2 against the spread when the spread is -5 or bigger.
- In 4 of 7 (57.1%) contests this season, Butler and its opponents have hit the total.
Georgetown Betting Information
- Georgetown has a losing record against the spread, going 4-5 ATS (covering just 44.4% of the time).
- When they play as at least 5-point underdogs, the Hoyas have a record ATS of 1-2.
- The Hoyas and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 4 of 9 (44.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-66 GEORGE|
|1/28/2020||Georgetown||-1||140.5||-118||-105||Regular Season||69-64 BUTLER|
- The Bulldogs scoring leader is Jair Bolden, who averages 13.6 per contest to go with 4.1 rebounds and 1.1 assists.
- Bryce Nze is Butler’s leading rebounder, pulling down 7.0 per game, while Myles Tate is its best passer, averaging 3.0 assists in each contest.
- The Bulldogs get the most three-point shooting production out of Bolden, who makes 3.0 threes per game.
- Tate is Butler’s leader in steals, averaging 0.9 steals per game, while Nze leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
- Jahvon Blair averages 19.0 points per game and is the top scorer for the Hoyas.
- Jamorko Pickett has a stat line of 8.4 rebounds, 10.9 points and 1.3 assists per game for Georgetown to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jalen Harris holds the top spot for assists with 5.2 per game, adding 4.8 points and 3.6 rebounds per matchup.
- Bolden leads his teammates on the Hoyas with 2.8 made threes per contest.
- The Hoyas’ leader in steals is Don Carey with 1.0 per game, and Qudus Wahab is their leader in blocks with 2.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found