The Marquette Golden Eagles (9-12) will try to break a three-game losing streak when they hit the road to play the Butler Bulldogs (7-11) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Hinkle Fieldhouse as just 2-point underdogs. The contest airs at 6:30 PM ET on FS1. The point total in the matchup is set at 129.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Marquette (+2)||Over (129.5)||Butler 69 Marquette 68|
- In 44.4% of their games this season (eight of 18 chances), the Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 129.5 points.
- Marquette and its opponents have combined to score more than 129.5 points in 71.4% of their games this season (15 of 21 opportunities).
- The Bulldogs and the Golden Eagles combine to average 4.3 more points per game than the over/under of 129.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 138.2 points per game, 8.7 more than the point total in this game.
- The average point total for Bulldogs games this year is 1.9 more points than the total of 129.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Golden Eagles games this season is 11.1 more points than the point total of 129.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bulldogs average 6.8 fewer points per game (63.7) than the Golden Eagles allow (70.5).
- When Butler totals more than 70.5 points, it is 1-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- Marquette is 6-11 overall and 4-13 against the spread when giving up more than 63.7 points.
- The Golden Eagles score an average of 70.1 points per game, only 2.4 more points than the 67.7 the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 67.7 points, Marquette is 5-0 against the spread and 7-4 overall.
- Butler is 1-5 against the spread and 1-5 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 70.1 points.
- The Bulldogs have a -72-point scoring differential on the season (-4 per game). The Golden Eagles have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-7 total points, -0.4 per game).
Butler Betting Information
- The Bulldogs have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting an 8-9-1 record.
- The Bulldogs have struggled to cover, going just 2-3 ATS when favored by at least 2 points.
- Butler and its opponents have converted the over just 8 times in 18 (44.4%) games this season.
Marquette Betting Information
- Marquette has covered the spread in fewer than half of its games, going 7-14 ATS.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Golden Eagles have not fared well, going 3-8 against the spread.
- Marquette has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 38.1% of matchups this year (8 out of 21 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/2/2021||Marquette||-3.5||128||-167||+137||Regular Season||70-67 MARQ|
|2/9/2020||Marquette||-4||140.5||-189||+153||Regular Season||76-57 MARQ|
|1/24/2020||Butler||-6.5||134.5||-298||+234||Regular Season||89-85 BUTLER|
- Jair Bolden leads the Bulldogs in scoring, tallying 11.2 points per game to go with 3.7 rebounds and 0.9 assists.
- Bryce Nze leads Butler in rebounding, averaging 7.7 per game, while Aaron Thompson leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.8 in each contest.
- Bolden leads the Bulldogs in three-point shooting with an average of 2.7 threes per game.
- Thompson is the Bulldogs leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Nze leads them in blocks with 0.5 per contest.
- D.J. Carton scores 12.9 points and adds 3.4 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Golden Eagles’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Dawson Garcia grabs 6.7 rebounds per game (he also scores 12.6 points per game and adds 0.8 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Marquette rebounding leaderboard.
- Koby McEwen is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Golden Eagles, hitting 1.6 threes per game.
- Carton (1.2 steals per game) and Theo John (1.8 blocks per game) pace the Golden Eagles in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED