The Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (13-7) are 3.5-point underdogs as they attempt to extend a six-game winning streak when they visit the Butler Bulldogs (6-10) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at Hinkle Fieldhouse. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on FS1. The matchup’s over/under is 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 12.5% of their games this season (two of 16 chances), the Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s point total of 140 points.
- Saint John’s (NY) and its opponents have combined to score at least 140 points in 85% of their games this year (17 of 20 opportunities).
- The Bulldogs and the Red Storm combine to average 2.7 more points per game than the total of 140 set for this game.
- The Bulldogs and the Red Storm have seen their opponents average a combined 3.2 more points per game than the over/under of 140 set for this outing.
- The average total the Bulldogs have had set in matchups this year is 10.2 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Red Storm games this year is 16.1 more points than the point total of 140 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bulldogs score 13.4 fewer points per game (63) than the Red Storm give up (76.4).
- When Butler totals more than 76.4 points, it is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 10-7 against the spread and 11-7 overall when giving up more than 63 points.
- The Red Storm put up an average of 79.7 points per game, 12.9 more points than the 66.8 the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- Saint John’s (NY) has compiled a 13-6 overall record and a 12-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 66.8 points.
- Butler has a 0-1 record overall and an ATS record of 0-1 in games when its opponents put up more than 79.7 points.
- The Bulldogs have been out-scored by 60 points this season (3.8 points per game on average), while the Red Storm have put up 66 more points than their opponents on the year (3.3 per game).
Butler Betting Information
- Butler has struggled against the spread, going 7-8-1 on the year.
- The Bulldogs have posted an even record of 2-2 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or higher.
- Butler and its opponents have converted the over just 6 times in 16 (37.5%) games this season.
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- Saint John’s (NY) has covered the spread in more than half of its outings, going 12-7 ATS.
- The Red Storm have fared well as a 3.5-point underdog, going 4-2 against the spread when they are at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Saint John’s (NY) and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 12 of 19 (63.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/12/2021||Saint John’s (NY)||-1.5||143||-125||+104||Regular Season||69-57 STJOHN|
|3/4/2020||Butler||-9.5||139||-513||+371||Regular Season||77-55 BUTLER|
|12/31/2019||Butler||-3.5||135.5||-177||+144||Regular Season||60-58 BUTLER|
- Jair Bolden leads the Bulldogs in scoring, tallying 12.0 points per game to go with 3.7 rebounds and 0.9 assists.
- Bryce Nze leads the Bulldogs in rebounding, averaging 7.9 per game, while Aaron Thompson leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.8 in each contest.
- Bolden leads his teammates on the Bulldogs with 2.8 made threes per outing.
- Thompson is the Bulldogs leader in steals, averaging 1.0 steal per game, while Nze leads them in blocks with 0.5 per contest.
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- Julian Champagnie averages 19.7 points and 7.3 rebounds per game for the Red Storm, making him the top scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s assist leader is Posh Alexander with 4.5 per game. He also records 11.8 points per game and adds 3.5 rebounds per game.
- Champagnie is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Red Storm, hitting 2.6 threes per game.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s leader in steals is Alexander (2.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Champagnie (1.2 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends