The BYU Cougars (12-2) are 5.5-point favorites as they try to continue a seven-game winning streak when they visit the Pepperdine Waves (6-7) on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at Firestone Fieldhouse. The game airs at 3:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 147 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Cougars and their opponents have totaled at least 147 points — this matchup’s over/under — in four of 14 outings (28.6%) this year.
- In six of 13 games (46.2%) this season, Pepperdine and its opponents have combined to score at least 147 points.
- The two teams average a combined six more points per game (153) than this game’s over/under of 147 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 138.2 points per game, 8.8 less than the point total in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Cougars have had set in matchups this season is 5.5 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Waves games this season have averaged an over/under of 149.6 points, 2.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
BYU Betting Information
- The Cougars have been solid against the spread this season, earning an 8-3-1 record.
- The Cougars fare well when favored by at least 5.5 points, posting a 3-1-1 record against the spread.
- The Cougars have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 5 of 12 contests this season, a rate of 41.7%
Pepperdine Betting Information
- Pepperdine has a 6-4-1 record against the spread, covering in 54.5% of their outings.
- The Waves have not fared well as a 5.5-point underdog, going 1-3 against the spread when they are at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Pepperdine has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 36.4% of matchups this season (4 out of 11 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||BYU||-11||152.5||-706||+477||Regular Season||65-54 BYU|
|2/29/2020||BYU||-7.5||155.5||-351||+267||Regular Season||81-64 BYU|
|1/30/2020||BYU||-13.5||155||-1210||+709||Regular Season||107-80 BYU|
- Alex Barcello leads the Cougars in points and assists per game, scoring 15.1 points and distributing 4.6 assists.
- Caleb Lohner leads BYU in rebounding, grabbing 6.5 boards per game while also scoring 5.4 points a contest.
- Barcello makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cougars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
- Brandon Averette is the Cougars leader in steals, averaging 0.9 steals per game, while Matt Haarms leads them in blocks with 2.1 per contest.
- The Waves’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Kessler Edwards with 18.3 points and 6.7 rebounds per game.
- Pepperdine’s assist leader is Colbey Ross with 7.5 per game. He also scores 16.3 points per game and grabs 3.8 rebounds per game.
- Edwards provides the most three-point shooting production for the Waves. He knocks down 2.1 threes per game.
- The Waves’ leader in steals is Ross with 1.5 per game, and Edwards is their leader in blocks with 1.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Utah State Aggies vs. Nevada Wolf Pack: 2/26/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Seattle U Redhawks 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- CSU Bakersfield Roadrunners vs. CSU Northridge Matadors 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- UCSB Gauchos vs. UC Riverside Highlanders: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- UNLV Rebels vs. Fresno State Bulldogs: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends