A game after he put up 25 points in a 78-70 win over Santa Clara, Colbey Ross leads the Pepperdine Waves (12-11) on the road against the BYU Cougars (19-5) as 9-point underdogs. The matchup tips at 11:59 PM ET on Monday, March 8, 2021. The point total is 149 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|BYU (-9)||Under (149)||BYU 79 Pepperdine 69|
- The Cougars and their opponents have combined for 149 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 11 of 24 outings (45.8%) this season.
- Pepperdine and its opponents have combined to score more than 149 points in 52.2% of their matchups this year (12 of 23 opportunities).
- These teams average a combined 154.8 points per game, 5.8 more points than the over/under of 149 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.4 less points per game (141.6) than this game’s total of 149 points.
- The average point total in Cougars games this season is 3.1 fewer points than the total of 149 in this matchup.
- The average total in Waves games this year is 1.5 more points than the point total of 149 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 78.6 points the Cougars put up per game are just 4.3 more points than the Waves give up (74.3).
- BYU is 12-0 overall and 7-0 against the spread when scoring more than 74.3 points.
- Pepperdine has recorded a 2-6 record against the spread and a 1-7 record overall in games when it allows more than 78.6 points.
- The Waves score 8.9 more points per game (76.2) than the Cougars allow their opponents to score (67.3).
- Pepperdine has put together a 10-0 ATS record and an 11-6 overall record in games it scores more than 67.3 points.
- BYU’s record is 2-3 overall and 0-3-2 against the spread when it gives up more than 76.2 points to its opponents.
- The Cougars have put up a total of 272 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 11.3 per game), and the Waves have out-scored opponents by 45 points on the season (1.9 more per game).
BYU Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Cougars have covered 12 times in 22 contests.
- The Cougars have covered half the time, going 4-4-1 against the spread when favored by at least 9 points.
- The Cougars have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 10 of 22 contests this season, a rate of 45.5%
Pepperdine Betting Information
- Pepperdine has a winning record against the spread, going 13-7-1 ATS (covering 61.9% of the time).
- When they are at least 9-point underdogs, the Waves have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- Pepperdine has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 42.9% of matchups this year (9 out of 21 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/27/2021||BYU||-7||149||-306||+245||Regular Season||76-73 PEPP|
|1/23/2021||BYU||-11||152.5||-706||+477||Regular Season||65-54 BYU|
|2/29/2020||BYU||-7.5||155.5||-351||+267||Regular Season||81-64 BYU|
|1/30/2020||BYU||-13.5||155||-1210||+709||Regular Season||107-80 BYU|
- The Cougars leader in points and assists is Alex Barcello, who scores 15.7 points per game to go with 4.6 assists.
- BYU’s best rebounder is Caleb Lohner, who averages 6.8 boards per game in addition to his 7.3 PPG average.
- Barcello makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cougars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.9 per contest.
- Barcello and Matt Haarms lead the Cougars on the defensive end, with Barcello leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Haarms in blocks averaging 2.0 per contest.
- The Waves’ Ross puts up enough points (18.3 per game) and assists (7.7 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Pepperdine’s Kessler Edwards stats (6.8 rebounds per game, 16.8 points per game, 1.0 assist per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Jan Zidek leads the Waves in three-point shooting with an average of 1.7 made threes per game.
- The Waves’ leader in steals is Jade’ Smith with 1.3 per game, and Edwards is their leader in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED