A game after he scored 29 points in a 79-73 win over San Francisco, Alex Barcello leads the BYU Cougars (18-5) at home against the Saint Mary’s Gaels (13-7) as 8.5-point favorites. The matchup, which airs at 10:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 27, 2021, airs on ESPNU. The matchup’s over/under is set at 128.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 21 of 23 games (91.3%) this season, the Cougars and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s point total of 128.5 points.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has played in 11 games this year (out of 20 total matchups — 55% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 128.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 145 points per game, 16.5 more points than the over/under of 128.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.7 more points per game (130.2) than this game’s total of 128.5 points.
- The average point total for Cougars games this year is 18.7 more points than the over/under of 128.5 in this matchup.
- Gaels games this year have averaged a total of 128.1 points, 0.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
BYU Betting Information
- Against the spread, BYU has been strong this season, posting an 11-7-3 record.
- The Cougars have posted an even record of 4-4-1 against the spread when the spread is -8.5 or higher.
- Cougars games have played to the total or above 10 times in 21 games this season.
Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Information
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has a winning record against the spread, going 10-9 ATS (covering 52.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Gaels have gone 3-3 against the spread.
- In the majority of Gaels games this season, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 19 games, 36.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/14/2021||Saint Mary’s (CA)||-1||133||-115||-106||Regular Season||62-52 BYU|
|3/9/2020||BYU||-3.5||149||-172||+141||Conference Tournament||51-50 STMRY|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-79 BYU|
|1/9/2020||Saint Mary’s (CA)||-5.5||135||-246||+199||Regular Season||87-84 STMRY|
- The Cougars leader in points and assists is Barcello, who scores 16.0 points per game to go with 4.6 assists.
- BYU’s best rebounder is Caleb Lohner, who averages 6.8 boards per game in addition to his 7.5 PPG average.
- Barcello leads the Cougars in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Barcello is the Cougars leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Matt Haarms leads them in blocks with 1.8 per contest.
Saint Mary’s (CA) Leaders
- The Gaels’ Tommy Kuhse puts up enough points (12.9 per game) and assists (5.2 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Kyle Bowen grabs 6.3 rebounds per game (he also scores 4.0 points per game and adds 0.5 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Saint Mary’s (CA) rebounding leaderboard.
- Alex Ducas hits 1.5 three-pointers per game, the most on the Gaels.
- Saint Mary’s (CA)’s leader in steals is Kuhse (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Matthias Tass (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED