The Central Michigan Chippewas (7-15) host the Northern Illinois Huskies (2-16) as 5.5-point favorites after Caleb Huffman put up 26 points in the Chippewas 81-79 victory over Toledo. The matchup airs on ESPN3 at 5:00 PM ET on Friday, March 5, 2021. The point total is 145 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Central Michigan (-5.5)||Over (145)||Central Michigan 78 Northern Illinois 70|
- In 18 of 22 outings (81.8%) this season, the Chippewas and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s over/under of 145 points.
- In seven of 18 outings (38.9%) this season, Northern Illinois and its opponents have combined to score more than 145 points.
- These two teams average a combined 138.3 points per game, 6.7 fewer points than the over/under of 145 set for this matchup.
- The Chippewas and the Huskies have seen their opponents average a combined 12.4 more points per game than the over/under of 145 set in this outing.
- The average total the Chippewas have had set in matchups this year is 11.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Huskies games this year have averaged an over/under of 139 points, six less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Chippewas record only 0.7 fewer points per game (76.9) than the Huskies allow (77.6).
- When Central Michigan scores more than 77.6 points, it is 6-2 overall and 4-0-1 against the spread.
- Northern Illinois has a 1-8 record against the spread and a 0-9 record overall when giving up more than 76.9 points.
- The Huskies’ 61.4 points per game are 18.4 fewer points than the 79.8 the Chippewas give up to opponents.
- Northern Illinois is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 79.8 points.
- Central Michigan is 6-11-1 against the spread and 5-15 overall when it allows more than 61.4 points.
- The Chippewas have a negative point differential on the season (-64 total points, -2.9 per game), as do the Huskies (-292 total points, -16.2 per game).
Central Michigan Betting Information
- The Chippewas have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 7-11-1 record.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Chippewas have compiled a 0-0-1 record ATS.
- Central Michigan has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 11 of 19 games for a 57.9% rate.
Northern Illinois Betting Information
- Northern Illinois has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 3-14-1 ATS.
- The Huskies have not fared well as a 5.5-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they are at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- The Huskies and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 11 of 18 (61.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Northern Illinois||-4||140.5||-191||+153||Regular Season||82-81 NIU|
|1/7/2020||Central Michigan||-4.5||150.5||-201||+165||Regular Season||68-67 CMICH|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-86 NIU|
|1/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-69 CMICH|
Central Michigan Leaders
- Trayvon Broadway leads the Chippewas in scoring, tallying 17.9 points per game to go with 5.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Malik Muhammad leads the Chippewas in rebounding, averaging 6.0 per game, while Devontae Lane leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.1 in each contest.
- Matt Beachler provides the most three-point shooting production for the Chippewas. He knocks down 1.7 threes per game.
- Lane is the Chippewas leader in steals, averaging 2.1 steals per game, while Muhammad leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
Northern Illinois Leaders
- Tyler Cochran collects 16.2 points and 7.3 rebounds per game for the Huskies, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Northern Illinois’ assist leader is Kaleb Thornton with 3.1 per game. He also records 5.2 points per game and tacks on 2.9 rebounds per game.
- Trendon Hankerson is the top scorer from deep for the Huskies, hitting 2.4 threes per game.
- The Huskies’ leader in steals is Cochran with 1.7 per game, and Zool Kueth is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED