The Chattanooga Mocs (14-3) are 8-point favorites as they try to continue a five-game winning streak when they host the Western Carolina Catamounts (9-11) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at McKenzie Arena. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under set at 144 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Chattanooga (-8)||Over (144)||Chattanooga 78 Western Carolina 69|
- In 41.2% of their opportunities this year (seven of 17 chances), the Mocs and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 144 points.
- Western Carolina has played in 16 games this year (out of 20 total matchups — 80% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 144 points.
- These two teams average a combined 147.8 points per game, 3.8 more points than the total of 144 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 146.1 points per game, 2.1 more than the over/under for this game.
- The average total the Mocs have had set in matchups this season is 3.7 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Catamounts games this year have averaged an over/under of 153.6 points, 9.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Chattanooga Betting Information
- The Mocs have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 10-5 record.
- The Mocs have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 8 points.
- Chattanooga and its opponents have converted the over just 6 times in 15 (40%) games this season.
Western Carolina Betting Information
- Western Carolina has covered the spread in fewer than half of its outings, going 4-13-1 ATS.
- The Catamounts have not fared well as an 8-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they are at least 8-point underdogs.
- The Catamounts and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 8 of 18 (44.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/3/2021||Western Carolina||-1.5||146.5||-120||+100||Regular Season||74-67 CHAT|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-61 WCAR|
|12/3/2019||Western Carolina||-4||142.5||-186||+154||Regular Season||87-77 WCAR|
|1/31/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||105-96 WCAR|
|1/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-62 CHAT|
- The Mocs leader in rebounds and assist is Malachi Smith, who grabs 9.0 rebounds and distributes 3.4 assists per game along with scoring 16.4 points per contest.
- David Jean-Baptiste leads the Mocs in scoring, averaging 16.6 per game to go with 3.4 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- Jean-Baptiste provides the most three-point shooting production for the Mocs. He makes 2.7 threes per game.
- Jean-Baptiste is the Mocs leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Stefan Kenic leads them in blocks with 0.5 per contest.
Western Carolina Leaders
- Mason Faulkner’s points (16.0 per game) and assists (4.5 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Catamounts’ leaderboards.
- Cory Hightower grabs 6.5 rebounds per game (he also scores 13.4 points per game and adds 1.6 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Western Carolina rebounding leaderboard.
- Matt Halvorsen leads his teammates on the Catamounts with 3.1 made threes per game.
- Western Carolina’s leader in steals is Travion McCray with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Xavier Cork with 1.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends