The Cincinnati Bearcats will be looking to pick up the big road victory when they take on the Wichita State Shockers in their American Athletic Conference matchup on Thursday night. With Cincinnati on a roll and Wichita State looking to find some consistency, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NCAAB odds in this Cincinnati vs Wichita State contest.
Cincinnati vs Wichita State 2020 College Basketball Odds, Preview & Pick
Gameday in The Roundhouse. #WatchUs 🌾🏀 vs. @GoBearcatsMBB⏰ 6 p.m.🏟️ Charles Koch Arena🎟️ https://t.co/Gbtr6HVod8📺 @ESPN🔊 KEYN 103.7 FM or https://t.co/uoBTtfhWTp pic.twitter.com/nCMMeO55u8— Wichita State Men’s Basketball (@GoShockersMBB) February 6, 2020
- When: Thursday February 6, 2020, 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Charles Koch Arena, Wichita, KS
- Radio: Cincinnati / Wichita
- TV: ESPN
- NCAAB Odds: Wichita State -5
- Total: 134
Why Bet On Cincinnati
Cincinnati is looking good right now as the ride the wave of a four-game winning streak into this contest that includes a thrilling 64-62 win over Houston on Saturday. The Bearcats have been locking down the opposition by allowing 62 points or less in three of their four wins.
“That’s a big win,” said the Bearcats’ Trevon Scott. “It’ll help our confidence, showing we are who we are when we stick together and stick to the game plan and go out and play hard. The tougher team won.”
Cincinnati is averaging 72.2 points per game (148th) while limiting the opposition to just 64.7 points per contest defensively (68th), but the Bearcats have gone an uninspiring 2-4 on the road this season.
- Total Score: 72.24
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.89
- Three-Point Percentage: 31.76
- Free Throw Percentage: 67.98
- Total Rebounds: 37.86
- Total Score: 64.71
- Field Goal Percentage: 39.28
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.18
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.79
- Total Rebounds: 32.62
Cincinnati NCAAB Betting Trends
- Bearcats are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS loss.
- Bearcats are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
- Bearcats are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 road games.
- Bearcats are 5-17 ATS in their last 22 games following a straight up win.
- Bearcats are 3-13 ATS in their last 16 games as a road underdog.
- Bearcats are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
Why Bet On Wichita State
Wichita State has lost three of its last five, including a 54-51 loss against Tulsa on Saturday. Jamie Echenique scored a team-high 15 points, but no other player managed to reach double figures in scoring for Wichita State in the loss. More importantly, the Shockers have been limited to 56 points or less four times over their last five games. Wichita State is averaging a modest 73.4 points per game (119th) while limiting the opposition to 63.2 points per contest defensively to rank an encouraging 38th in points allowed nationally.
- Total Score: 73.43
- Field Goal Percentage: 40.43
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.52
- Free Throw Percentage: 69.15
- Total Rebounds: 39.71
- Total Score: 63.24
- Field Goal Percentage: 38.37
- Three-Point Percentage: 30.73
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.39
- Total Rebounds: 34.90
Wichita State NCAAB Betting Trends
- Shockers are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games following a ATS loss.
- Shockers are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Shockers are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games as a favorite.
- Shockers are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Shockers are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
Cincinnati vs Wichita State Expert Analysis and Prediction
Wichita State might be playing at home and the Shockers might have the better straight-up record in this affair, but I like the red-hot Cincinnati Bearcats to not only cover the chalk as slight road dogs, but to do so by getting the outright win. Wichita State is playing absolutely horrific offense lately and Cincinnati has been playing some lock-down defense by limiting seven of their last nine opponents to 62 points or less while holding five of those opponents to 57 points or less and two opponents to less than 50 points. Cincinnati beat Wichita State three times a year ago with two of those victories coming by double digits. With the road team in this AAC rivalry going a perfect 5-0 ATS in the last 5 meetings and the underdog going 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings, I like Cincy to get it done!
Pick: Cincinnati 66 Wichita State 61