The Georgia Southern Eagles (9-4) host the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (9-2) after winning three straight home games. The Chanticleers are favored by only 2 points in the matchup, which begins at 8:30 PM ET on Friday, January 29, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at 141.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Coastal Carolina (-2)||Over (141.5)||Coastal Carolina 75 Georgia Southern 69|
- In 81.8% of their opportunities this season (nine of 11 chances), the Chanticleers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 141.5 points.
- In seven of 13 opportunities (53.8%) this season, Georgia Southern and its opponents have combined to score at least 141.5 points.
- The Chanticleers and the Eagles combine to average 26.8 more points per game than the total of 141.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.4 less points per game (135.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- The average point total for Chanticleers games this season is 16.1 more points than the over/under of 141.5 in this matchup.
- Eagles games this year have averaged a total of 145.8 points, 4.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Coastal Carolina Betting Information
- The Chanticleers have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 3-4 record.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Chanticleers have struggled to a 2-3 record ATS this season.
- In 5 of 7 (71.4%) contests this season, Coastal Carolina and its opponents have hit the over.
Georgia Southern Betting Information
- The Eagles have a losing record against the spread, going 4-5 ATS (covering only 44.4% of the time).
- When they play as at least 2-point underdogs, the Eagles have a record ATS of 1-2.
- In 4 out of Eagles 9 games this season, (44.4%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/13/2020||Georgia Southern||-6||157.5||-267||+209||Regular Season||79-69 GAS|
|1/2/2020||Coastal Carolina||-2.5||153.5||-146||+121||Regular Season||70-67 GAS|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-74 GAS|
Coastal Carolina Leaders
- The Chanticleers scoring leader is Devante Jones, who averages 22.4 per contest to go with 6.7 rebounds and 3.8 assists.
- Essam Mostafa is Coastal Carolina’s leading rebounder, pulling down 9.3 per game, while Ebrima Dibba is its best passer, distributing 5.5 assists in each contest.
- Deanthony Tipler’s 3.3 made threes per game lead the Chanticleers.
- The Coastal Carolina steals leader is Jones, who averages 3.7 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is DeShawn Thomas, who compiles 1.9 rejections per contest.
Georgia Southern Leaders
- Zack Bryant is the top scorer for the Eagles with 14.4 points per game. He also adds 2.9 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The Eagles’ leader in rebounds is Prince Toyambi with 5.6 per contest, and their leader in assists is Eric Boone with 3.1 per game.
- Gedi Juozapaitis paces his teammates on the Eagles with 1.8 made threes per outing.
- Georgia Southern’s leader in steals is Boone with 2.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is Bryant with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends