A game after he put up 35 points in an 86-63 win over Alice Lloyd, Devante Jones leads the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (6-1) at home against the South Alabama Jaguars (6-3) on Friday, January 8, 2021. The Chanticleers are favored by 5 points in the matchup, which tips off at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 148.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Coastal Carolina (-5)||Over (148.5)||Coastal Carolina 79 South Alabama 73|
- The Chanticleers and their opponents have combined to record more than 148.5 points in 85.7% of their outings this season (six of seven opportunities).
- South Alabama and its opponents have added up to score at least 148.5 points in 66.7% of their matchups this season (six of nine chances).
- These teams average a combined 179.7 points per game, 31.2 more points than the total of 148.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.6 less points per game (140.9) than this matchup’s over/under of 148.5 points.
- The Chanticleers average point total in matchups this season is 162.4, 13.9 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average total for Jaguars games this season is 9.6 more points than the point total of 148.5 for this outing.
Coastal Carolina Betting Information
- Coastal Carolina has struggled against the spread, going 1-2 on the year.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the Chanticleers have put together a 1-1 record ATS.
- The Chanticleers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 0 times in 3 games this season.
South Alabama Betting Information
- South Alabama has covered the spread in less than half of its contests, going 0-4 ATS.
- The Jaguars have not fared well as a 5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Jaguars games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (3 out of 4 games, 75%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Coastal Carolina||-1.5||148||-126||+101||Regular Season||74-71 SALA|
|12/21/2019||South Alabama||-5||152||-225||+180||Regular Season||81-69 COAST|
|3/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-70 COAST|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-77 SALA|
Coastal Carolina Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Chanticleers this season is Jones, who averages 23.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 3.8 assists per game.
- Essam Mostafa leads the Chanticleers in rebounding, averaging 10.4 per game, while Ebrima Dibba leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.7 in each contest.
- Deanthony Tipler leads the Chanticleers in three-point shooting with an average of 3.0 made threes per game.
- Jones and DeShawn Thomas lead Coastal Carolina on the defensive end, with Jones leading the team in steals averaging 4.1 per game and Thomas in blocks averaging 1.9 per contest.
South Alabama Leaders
- Michael Flowers’ points (21.0 per game) and assists (3.3 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Jaguars’ leaderboards.
- Kayo Goncalves grabs 6.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 10.9 points per game and adds 0.6 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the South Alabama rebounding leaderboard.
- Goncalves’ 2.9 made threes per game lead the Jaguars.
- South Alabama’s leader in steals is Tyreke Locure (2.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Goncalves (0.7 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found