The No. 15 Creighton Bluejays (13-5) hit the road in Big East action against the Marquette Golden Eagles (9-9) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 5:00 PM ET. The Bluejays are 4.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 145.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Marquette (+4.5)||Over (145.5)||Creighton 74 Marquette 72|
- In nine of 18 games (50%) this year, the Bluejays and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 145.5 points.
- Marquette and its opponents have combined to score more than 145.5 points in 38.9% of their games this season (seven of 18 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 6.3 more points per game (151.8) than this game’s over/under of 145.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 140.1 points per game, 5.4 less than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total in Bluejays games this year is 4.9 more points than the over/under of 145.5 in this matchup.
- Golden Eagles games this season have averaged a total of 141.4 points, 4.1 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bluejays score 10.3 more points per game (80.1) than the Golden Eagles allow (69.8).
- Creighton is 8-0 against the spread and 9-4 overall when scoring more than 69.8 points.
- When Marquette gives up more than 80.1 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Golden Eagles score an average of 71.7 points per game, just 1.4 more points than the 70.3 the Bluejays allow to opponents.
- Marquette has gone 6-2 overall and 4-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 70.3 points.
- Creighton is 5-4 against the spread and 5-4 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 71.7 points.
- The Bluejays have out-scored their opponents by a total of 176 points this season (9.8 points per game on average), and the Golden Eagles have put up 34 more points than their opponents on the year (1.9 per game).
Creighton Betting Information
- The Bluejays have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting an 8-10 record.
- The Bluejays have posted a losing record of 6-8 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or bigger.
- The Bluejays and their opponents have gone over the total in 10 of 18 games (55.6%) this season.
Marquette Betting Information
- Marquette has a losing record against the spread, going 5-13 ATS (covering just 27.8% of the time).
- The Golden Eagles have not fared well as a 4.5-point underdog, going 2-3 against the spread when they are at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Marquette and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 7 of 18 (38.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/14/2020||Creighton||-8.5||152.5||-411||+318||Regular Season||89-84 MARQ|
|2/18/2020||Marquette||-3.5||156||-167||+137||Regular Season||73-65 CREIGH|
|1/1/2020||Creighton||-4||153.5||-187||+155||Regular Season||92-75 CREIGH|
|3/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-60 CREIGH|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||106-104 MARQ|
- The Bluejays scoring leader is Denzel Mahoney, who averages 15.6 per contest to go with 4.6 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Christian Bishop is the Bluejays leading rebounder, pulling down 5.3 per game, while Marcus Zegarowski is their best passer, distributing 4.5 assists in each contest.
- Zegarowski hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Bluejays, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.8 per game.
- The Creighton steals leader is Damien Jefferson, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Ryan Kalkbrenner, who compiles 1.6 rejections per contest.
- Dawson Garcia sits atop the Golden Eagles leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 12.7 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
- The Golden Eagles’ top assist machine is D.J. Carton with a stat line of 3.6 assists, 12.5 points, and 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Koby McEwen leads the Golden Eagles in three-point shooting with an average of 1.6 made threes per game.
- Carton (1.3 steals per game) and Theo John (1.7 blocks per game) lead the Golden Eagles in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends