The No. 7 Creighton Bluejays (9-2) will try to continue a five-game win streak when they host the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (6-5) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at CHI Health Center Omaha as heavy, 14-point favorites. The game airs at 12:00 PM ET on FS1. The matchup’s over/under is set at 159.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In four of 11 opportunities (36.4%) this year, the Bluejays and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 159 points.
- Saint John’s (NY) and its opponents have combined to score at least 159 points in five of 11 opportunities (45.5%) this season.
- The Bluejays and the Red Storm combine to average 3.6 more points per game than the over/under of 159 set for this game.
- The Bluejays and the Red Storm have seen their opponents average a combined 11.7 less points per game than the over/under of 159 set in this outing.
- The Bluejays average point total in outings this year is 150, nine points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average total in Red Storm games this year is 0.9 more points than the point total of 159 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bluejays put up only 2.7 more points per game (82) than the Red Storm allow (79.3).
- When Creighton totals more than 79.3 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when allowing more than 82 points.
- The Red Storm score 12.6 more points per game (80.6) than the Bluejays give up (68).
- Saint John’s (NY) is 6-4 overall and 4-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 68 points.
- Creighton has a 0-1 record overall and an ATS record of 0-1 in games when its opponents score more than 80.6 points.
- The Bluejays have scored a total of 154 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 14 per game), and the Red Storm have out-scored opponents by just 15 points on the season (1.3 more per game).
Creighton Betting Information
- Against the spread, Creighton has been strong this season, posting a 6-5 record.
- The Bluejays fare well when favored by at least 14 points, posting a 3-1 record against the spread.
- The Bluejays have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 5 times in 11 games this season.
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- Saint John’s (NY) has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 4-6 ATS.
- When they are at least 14-point underdogs, the Red Storm have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- In most of Red Storm games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (8 out of 10 games, 80%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/17/2020||Creighton||-7||157||-341||+264||Regular Season||94-76 CREIGH|
|3/1/2020||Creighton||-5||153.5||-230||+183||Regular Season||91-71 STJOHN|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-82 CREIGH|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-67 STJOHN|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-66 STJOHN|
- The leader in points and assists for the Bluejays is Marcus Zegarowski, who scores 14.1 points and dishes out 4.8 assists per game.
- Christian Bishop is Creighton’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 5.5 boards in each contest while scoring 11.7 points per game.
- Zegarowski contributes the bulk of the Bluejays’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.9 threes per game to pace the team.
- Damien Jefferson and Ryan Kalkbrenner lead the Bluejays on the defensive end, with Jefferson leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Kalkbrenner in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- Julian Champagnie sits atop the Red Storm leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 19.7 points and 7.7 rebounds per game.
- Posh Alexander dishes out 4.3 assists per game, the most assists on the Red Storm.
- Champagnie’s 1.9 made threes per game lead the Red Storm.
- Saint John’s (NY)’s leader in steals is Alexander (2.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Isaih Moore (1.0 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found