The Drake Bulldogs (15-2) visit the Northern Iowa Panthers (6-11) in a matchup of MVC teams at McLeod Center, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. The Bulldogs are 5.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Drake (-5.5)||Under (140.5)||Drake 74 Northern Iowa 66|
- In 52.9% of their opportunities this year (nine of 17 chances), the Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 140.5 points.
- In six of 17 opportunities (35.3%) this season, Northern Iowa has combined with its opponents to score at least 140.5 points.
- The Bulldogs and the Panthers combine to average 6.7 more points per game than the over/under of 140.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.8 less points per game (135.7) than this matchup’s total of 140.5 points.
- The Bulldogs average point total in matchups this year is 142.8, 2.3 points higher than the total in this game.
- Panthers games this season have averaged a total of 140.1 points, 0.4 less than the point total in this matchup.
Drake Betting Information
- Drake is solid against the spread, going 10-4 on the season.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Bulldogs have fared well against the spread, putting together a 6-3 record.
- The Bulldogs have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 6 times in 14 games this season.
Northern Iowa Betting Information
- The Panthers have a losing record against the spread, going 3-12 ATS (covering just 20% of the time).
- When they play as at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Panthers have a record ATS of 1-1.
- The Panthers and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 6 of 15 (40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/10/2021||Drake||-9.5||144||-527||+387||Regular Season||80-59 DRAKE|
|3/6/2020||Northern Iowa||-9||130||-512||+372||Conference Tournament||77-56 DRAKE|
|2/29/2020||Northern Iowa||-3||137.5||-161||+129||Regular Season||70-43 NIOWA|
|2/8/2020||Northern Iowa||-9.5||137||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-73 NIOWA|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-77 DRAKE|
|1/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||57-54 NIOWA|
- Shanquan Hemphill leads the Bulldogs in scoring, tallying 14.1 points per game to go with 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Darnell Brodie is Drake’s leading rebounder, grabbing 7.2 per game, while Roman Penn is its best passer, distributing 5.5 assists in each contest.
- D.J. Wilkins makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bulldogs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
- The Drake steals leader is Garrett Sturtz, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Tremell Murphy, who compiles 0.8 rejections per contest.
Northern Iowa Leaders
- The Panthers’ Trae Berhow puts up enough points (13.1 per game) and assists (3.3 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Austin Phyfe’s stat line of 7.3 rebounds, 11.4 points and 2.5 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Northern Iowa rebounding leaderboard.
- Bowen Born paces his teammates on the Panthers with 1.9 made threes per contest.
- Nate Heise’s stat line of 1.1 steals and 0.7 blocks per game put him at the top of the team’s steals and blocks leaderboards.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview