Christmas is a big man who is able to create space to get shots off, whereas Okafor is all about speed and footwork. It is likely that Duke will get the ball to their main man as early as possible, as they will try and get Christmas into foul trouble. There really isn’t anyone else in the Syracuse line-up that can fill the shoes of Christmas, so it’s imperative that he stay as disciplined as possible. Failure to do so could open up the court for Okafor, who might then be able to go off. I don’t really think it’s crazy to say that whoever wins that battle could be the difference in which team walks away with the win on Saturday.
Syracuse will also be looking to Michael Gbinjie to continue his hot play of late. He has put up 78 points and 15 assists in the last 4 games alone. A continuation of that level of play may well give Syracuse a real shot at stealing this one. Despite a better effort from their bench, Syracuse has still managed to lose 4 of their last 7 games.
Key Betting Trends
- Duke is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- Duke is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- Duke is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Syracuse is 1-6-1 ATS in its last 8 games
- Syracuse is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Syracuse’s last 6 games
- Syracuse is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Syracuse is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home