The No. 19 Duke Blue Devils (5-2) are 1-point favorites as they try to continue a three-game winning streak when they visit the No. 20 Virginia Tech Hokies (9-2) on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at Cassell Coliseum. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ACCN. The matchup has an over/under of 141.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Virginia Tech (+1)||Over (141.5)||Virginia Tech 77 Duke 68|
- The Blue Devils and their opponents have put up at least 141.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in five of seven opportunities (71.4%) this season.
- Virginia Tech has combined with its opponents to score at least 141.5 points in five of 11 opportunities (45.5%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 9.7 more points per game (151.2) than this game’s total of 141.5 points.
- The Blue Devils and the Hokies have seen their opponents average a combined 5.5 less points per game than the over/under of 141.5 set in this outing.
- The Blue Devils average point total in outings this year is 147, 5.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Hokies this season is 1.3 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Blue Devils put up 75.9 points per game, 11 more points than the 64.9 the Hokies give up.
- Duke is 1-0 against the spread and 5-2 overall when scoring more than 64.9 points.
- In games Virginia Tech gives up more than 75.9 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 1-0 overall.
- The Hokies’ 75.3 points per game are only 4.2 more points than the 71.1 the Blue Devils give up to opponents.
- In games when it puts up more than 71.1 points, Virginia Tech is 5-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- Duke has a 1-1 record overall and an ATS record of 0-2 in games when its opponents put up more than 75.3 points.
- The Blue Devils have put up a total of 33 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.8 per game), and the Hokies have out-scored opponents by 114 points on the season (10.4 more per game).
Duke Betting Information
- Duke has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 1-5 record.
- The Blue Devils have struggled to cover, going just 1-5 ATS when favored by at least 1 points.
- In 4 of 6 (66.7%) contests this season, Duke and its opponents have hit the over.
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- Virginia Tech has a winning record against the spread, going 7-3 ATS (covering 70% of the time).
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Hokies have fared well, going 5-3 against the spread.
- In the majority of Virginia Tech’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (8 out of 10 games, 80%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Duke||-16.5||143.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-64 DUKE|
|12/6/2019||Duke||-7.5||143||-354||+270||Regular Season||77-63 DUKE|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-72 VTECH|
- Matthew Hurt leads the Blue Devils in scoring, tallying 19.6 points per game to go with 7.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
- Jalen Johnson is the Blue Devils leading rebounder, pulling down 8.3 per game, while Jordan Goldwire is their best passer, distributing 4.0 assists in each contest.
- The Blue Devils get the most three-point shooting production out of Hurt, who makes 2.3 threes per game.
- Goldwire is the Blue Devils leader in steals, averaging 2.6 steals per game, while Johnson leads them in blocks with 2.0 per contest.
Virginia Tech Leaders
- The Hokies’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Keve Aluma with 15.5 points and 7.0 rebounds per game.
- Virginia Tech’s assist leader is Wabissa Bede with 3.0 per game. He also scores 5.3 points per game and tacks on 2.2 rebounds per game.
- Jalen Cole connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Hokies, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 3.4 per game.
- Virginia Tech’s leader in steals is Bede with 1.0 per game, and its leader in blocks is Aluma with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found