The Duke Blue Devils (8-8) hit the road in ACC play against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-9) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 8:30 PM ET. The Blue Devils are favored by 6 points in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s over/under is 145.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Wake Forest (+6)||Under (145.5)||Duke 73 Wake Forest 71|
- In 50% of their games this season (eight of 16 chances), the Blue Devils and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 145.5 points.
- Wake Forest has played in five games this season (out of 15 total matchups — 33.3% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 145.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 0.4 more points per game (145.9) than this game’s over/under of 145.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 142.2 points per game, 3.3 fewer than the over/under for this game.
- The Blue Devils average point total in outings this season is 147.9, 2.4 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Demon Deacons games this season is 5.2 fewer points than the point total of 145.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 75.6 points per game the Blue Devils average are 5.6 more points than the Demon Deacons give up (70).
- Duke has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 7-4 record overall when scoring more than 70 points.
- Wake Forest has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 0-5 record overall when allowing more than 75.6 points.
- The Demon Deacons’ 70.3 points per game are just 1.9 fewer points than the 72.2 the Blue Devils give up.
- Wake Forest is 2-2 overall and 4-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 72.2 points.
- Duke has an ATS record of 0-9 and a 2-7 record overall when its opponents score more than 70.3 points.
- The Blue Devils have out-scored their opponents by a total of 54 points this season (3.4 points per game on average), and the Demon Deacons have put up only four more points than their opponents on the year (0.3 per game).
Duke Betting Information
- Duke has covered in just four of 15 matchups this season.
- The Blue Devils have posted a losing record of 1-5 against the spread when the spread is -6 or bigger.
- More often than not, Duke and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 9 of 15 chances this season.
Wake Forest Betting Information
- Wake Forest has a 10-4 record against the spread, covering in 71.4% of their contests.
- The Demon Deacons have gone 1-1 against the spread when they are at least a 6-point underdog.
- The Demon Deacons and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this season — 7 of 14.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||Duke||-13.5||143.5||-1250||+728||Regular Season||79-68 DUKE|
|2/25/2020||Duke||-11.5||152.5||-760||+513||Regular Season||113-101 WAKE|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-59 DUKE|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-70 DUKE|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-65 DUKE|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Blue Devils is Matthew Hurt, who accumulates 18.1 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.
- Jordan Goldwire leads the Blue Devils in assists, averaging 3.6 per game while also scoring 6.5 points per contest.
- Hurt leads the Blue Devils in three-point shooting with an average of 2.3 threes per game.
- Goldwire and Mark Williams lead the Blue Devils on the defensive end, with Goldwire leading the team in steals averaging 2.4 per game and Williams in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Wake Forest Leaders
- The Demon Deacons’ Daivien Williamson puts up enough points (12.7 per game) and assists (2.8 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Ody Oguama’s stat line of 6.0 rebounds, 9.2 points and 0.6 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Wake Forest rebounding leaderboard.
- Jonah Antonio leads the Demon Deacons in three-point shooting with an average of 2.1 made threes per game.
- Wake Forest’s leader in steals is Williamson with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Emmanuel Okpomo with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED