The No. 21 Duke Blue Devils (4-2) are at home in ACC action against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-2) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The Blue Devils are double-digit favorites by 12.5 points in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 143.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Wake Forest (+12.5)||Over (143.5)||Duke 75 Wake Forest 69|
- In 66.7% of their opportunities this year (four of six chances), the Blue Devils and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 143.5 points.
- Wake Forest has played in one games this season (out of five total matchups — 20% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 143.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 148.7 points per game, 5.2 more points than the over/under of 143.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 134.3 points per game, 9.2 less than the point total in this game.
- The average over/under the Blue Devils have had set in games this year is 3.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Demon Deacons this season is 7.5 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Blue Devils record 12.7 more points per game (75.3) than the Demon Deacons give up (62.6).
- When Duke totals more than 62.6 points, it is 4-2 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- Wake Forest has a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall when allowing more than 75.3 points.
- The Demon Deacons average only 1.7 more points per game (73.4) than the Blue Devils allow (71.7).
- Wake Forest is 1-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall when it scores more than 71.7 points.
- Duke’s record is 0-3 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it allows more than 73.4 points.
- The Blue Devils have scored a total of 22 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 3.6 per game), and the Demon Deacons have out-scored opponents by 54 points on the season (10.8 more per game).
Duke Betting Information
- Duke has struggled against the spread, going 1-4 on the year.
- When favored by at least 12.5 points, the Blue Devils have struggled to a 0-1 record ATS this season.
- Duke has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 3 of 5 games for a 60% rate.
Wake Forest Betting Information
- Wake Forest has covered the spread in half of its contests, going 2-2 ATS.
- When they play as at least 12.5-point underdogs, the Demon Deacons have a record ATS of 1-1.
- In 2 out of Demon Deacons 4 games this year, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/25/2020||Duke||-11.5||152.5||-760||+513||Regular Season||113-101 WAKE|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-59 DUKE|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-70 DUKE|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-65 DUKE|
- The Blue Devils scoring leader is Matthew Hurt, who averages 18.5 per contest to go with 8.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
- Jalen Johnson leads Duke in rebounding, averaging 8.3 per game, while Jordan Goldwire leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.8 in each contest.
- Hurt leads the Blue Devils in three-point shooting with an average of 2.0 made threes per game.
- Goldwire and Johnson lead the Blue Devils on the defensive end, with Goldwire leading the team in steals averaging 2.5 per game and Johnson in blocks averaging 2.0 per contest.
Wake Forest Leaders
- The Demon Deacons’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Isaiah Mucius with 11.8 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
- The Demon Deacons’ top assist machine is Daivien Williamson with a stat line of 3.0 assists, 8.8 points, and 3.2 rebounds per game.
- Jonah Antonio contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Demon Deacons. He makes 3.0 threes per game.
- Wake Forest’s leader in steals is Antonio (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Johnson (0.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found