SoCon opponents meet when the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (8-9) host the Mercer Bears (11-8) at Freedom Hall Civic Center, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. The Bears are 5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The point total for the matchup is set at 137.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|East Tennessee State||-5||-111||-110||137||-108||-114||-228||180|
|Mercer (+5)||Over (137)||East Tennessee State 75 Mercer 70|
- The Buccaneers and their opponents have scored no less than 137 points — this matchup’s over/under — in five of 17 opportunities (29.4%) this year.
- Mercer and its opponents have combined to score at least 137 points in 89.5% of their games this year (17 of 19 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 146.8 points per game, 9.8 more points than the over/under of 137 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 140.5 points per game, 3.5 more than the over/under in this game.
- The average total the Buccaneers have had set in matchups this season is 3.1 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Bears games this year have averaged a total of 153.4 points, 16.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
East Tennessee State Betting Information
- Against the spread, East Tennessee State has been strong this season, posting a 9-8 record.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the Buccaneers have put together a 2-2 record ATS.
- East Tennessee State has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 4 times in 17 contests (23.5%).
Mercer Betting Information
- Mercer has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 6-10 ATS.
- When they are at least 5-point underdogs, the Bears have a record ATS of 1-4.
- In most of Bears games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (10 out of 16 games, 62.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/3/2021||Mercer||-2.5||144||-142||+117||Regular Season||70-64 ETNST|
|2/8/2020||East Tennessee State||-8.5||137.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-60 ETNST|
|1/29/2020||East Tennessee State||-15||134||-1939||+912||Regular Season||71-55 MERC|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-69 ETNST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-68 ETNST|
East Tennessee State Leaders
- Ledarrius Brewer leads the Buccaneers in scoring, tallying 16.9 points per game to go with 4.5 rebounds and 1.4 assists.
- Damari Monsanto leads the Buccaneers in rebounding, averaging 7.3 per game, while David Sloan leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.5 in each contest.
- Brewer leads the Buccaneers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.6 threes per game.
- The East Tennessee State steals leader is Brewer, who averages 1.6 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Silas Adheke, who compiles 0.9 rejections per contest.
- Ross Cummings puts up 15.6 points per game and is the top scorer for the Bears.
- The Mercer leaders in rebounding and assists are Felipe Haase with 7.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 11.4 points and 3.1 assists per game) and Neftali Alvarez with 4.7 assists per game (he also tacks on 13.5 points and 3.7 rebounds per game).
- Cummings hits 3.0 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bears.
- The Bears’ leader in steals is Jeff Gary with 1.5 per game, and Maciej Bender is their leader in blocks with 1.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview