The Eastern Illinois Panthers (3-5) visit the SIU-Edwardsville Cougars (3-4) in a matchup of OVC teams at Vadalabene Center, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 12, 2021. The Panthers are 5.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 141.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|SIU-Edwardsville (+5.5)||Over (141.5)||SIU-Edwardsville 72 Eastern Illinois 71|
- In four of eight opportunities (50%) this year, the Panthers and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- SIU-Edwardsville and its opponents have combined to score more than 141.5 points in one of seven opportunities (14.3%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 1.1 less points per game (140.4) than this matchup’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.0 more points per game (144.5) than this game’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- The Panthers average point total in matchups this season is 146.8, 5.3 points higher than the total in this game.
- Cougars games this season have averaged a total of 138.1 points, 3.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Eastern Illinois Betting Information
- Eastern Illinois has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 2-6 record.
- The Panthers have posted a losing record of 0-2 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or higher.
- Eastern Illinois has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 3 times in 8 contests (37.5%).
SIU-Edwardsville Betting Information
- The Cougars have a winning record against the spread, going 4-2 ATS (covering 66.7% of the time).
- In most of SIU-Edwardsville’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (2 out of 6 games, 33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||Eastern Illinois||-4||143||-191||+153||Regular Season||70-52 EILL|
|2/13/2020||Eastern Illinois||-11||140.5||-694||+477||Regular Season||76-74 SIUE|
|2/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-65 EILL|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-81 EILL|
Eastern Illinois Leaders
- Josiah Wallace leads the Panthers in scoring, tallying 17.5 points per game to go with 3.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists.
- George Dixon is the Panthers leading rebounder, pulling down 6.8 per game, while Marvin Johnson is their best passer, averaging 4.2 assists in each contest.
- Mack Smith provides the most three-point shooting production for the Panthers. He makes 2.4 threes per game.
- Dixon is Eastern Illinois’ leader in steals, averaging 2.0 steals per game, while Jordan Skipper-Brown leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
- Sidney Wilson is the top scorer for the Cougars with 13.3 points per game. He also adds 4.7 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game to his stats.
- Mike Adewunmi has a stat line of 5.9 rebounds, 11.7 points and 0.7 assists per game for SIU-Edwardsville to take the top rebound spot on the team. Courtney Carter holds the top spot for assists with 4.4 per game, adding 5.1 points and 3.0 rebounds per matchup.
- Shamar Wright leads the Cougars in three-point shooting with an average of 1.3 made threes per game.
- SIU-Edwardsville’s leader in steals is Carter (2.0 per game), and its leader in blocks is Philip Pepple Jr. (2.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found