Tyler Stevenson leads the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (8-14) into a matchup with the Florida Atlantic Owls (8-9) after putting up 26 points in an 85-72 win over Florida International. The Golden Eagles are 1.5-point underdogs in the game on Friday, February 26, 2021, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is set at 135.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Miss (+1.5)||Over (135)||Southern Miss 70 Florida Atlantic 68|
- The Owls and their opponents have combined to score more than 135 points in 70.6% of their outings this year (12 of 17 opportunities).
- Southern Miss and its opponents have added up to score at least 135 points in 40.9% of their games this season (nine of 22 opportunities).
- The Owls and the Golden Eagles combine to average 10.3 more points per game than the over/under of 135 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 135 points per game, which equals this matchup’s total of 135 points.
- The average over/under the Owls have had set in games this year is 13.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Golden Eagles games this season have averaged an over/under of 131.5 points, 3.5 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Owls put up 80.4 points per game, 13.8 more points than the 66.6 the Golden Eagles allow.
- When Florida Atlantic puts up more than 66.6 points, it is 7-6 overall and 3-0-1 against the spread.
- When Southern Miss gives up more than 80.4 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- The Golden Eagles put up an average of 64.9 points per game, only 3.5 fewer points than the 68.4 the Owls allow to opponents.
- Southern Miss has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record in games it scores more than 68.4 points.
- Florida Atlantic is 3-5-1 against the spread and 3-7 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 64.9 points.
- The Owls have out-scored their opponents by a total of 204 points this season (12 points per game on average), and opponents of the Golden Eagles have out-scored them by 38 more points on the year (1.7 per game).
Florida Atlantic Betting Information
- The Owls have struggled somewhat against the spread this year, posting a 5-7-1 record.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Owls have struggled to a 2-4 record ATS this season.
- In 9 of 13 (69.2%) contests this season, Florida Atlantic and its opponents have hit the over.
Southern Miss Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles record against the spread is 10-10.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Golden Eagles have fared well, going 2-0 against the spread.
- In 10 out of Southern Miss’ 20 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/13/2020||Florida Atlantic||-2||135||-136||+112||Regular Season||68-66 SOUMIS|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-72 SOUMIS|
Florida Atlantic Leaders
- Jailyn Ingram leads the Owls in scoring and rebounding, tallying 13.6 points and 5.8 boards per game.
- Florida Atlantic’s best passer is Bryan Greenlee, who averages 2.8 assists per game to go with his 10.3 PPG scoring average.
- Michael Forrest makes more threes per game than any other member of the Owls, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.5 per contest.
- Kenan Blackshear and Karlis Silins lead Florida Atlantic on the defensive end, with Blackshear leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Silins in blocks averaging 0.6 per contest.
Southern Miss Leaders
- Stevenson puts up 14.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game for the Golden Eagles, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Tae Hardy dishes out more assists than any other Southern Miss player with 2.7 per game. He also averages 10.2 points and pulls down 2.3 rebounds per game.
- LaDavius Draine knocks down 1.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Golden Eagles.
- Southern Miss’ leader in steals is Hardy with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is DeAndre Pinckney with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED