The Florida Gulf Coast Eagles (6-6) host the North Alabama Lions (10-3) in a matchup of ASUN teams at Alico Arena, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, February 5, 2021. The Eagles are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s over/under is 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|North Alabama (+2.5)||Under (140)||North Alabama 70 FGCU 69|
- The Eagles and their opponents have put up more than 140 points in 50% of their outings this season (six of 12 opportunities).
- In six of 13 games (46.2%) this year, North Alabama and its opponents have combined to score at least 140 points.
- These two teams average a combined 148.5 points per game, 8.5 more points than the total of 140 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 133.3 points per game, 6.7 fewer than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average point total for Eagles games this season is 0.5 less points than the total of 140 in this matchup.
- The average total in Lions games this season is 2.3 more points than the point total of 140 for this outing.
FGCU Betting Information
- The Eagles have struggled to an extent against the spread this year, posting a 3-6 record.
- The Eagles have posted a losing record of 1-2 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or bigger.
- In 5 of 9 (55.6%) contests this season, FGCU and its opponents have hit the total.
North Alabama Betting Information
- The Lions have a losing record against the spread, going 4-5 ATS (covering only 44.4% of the time).
- The Lions have not fared well as a 2.5-point underdog, going 1-3 against the spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- North Alabama and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 3 of 9 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-73 NAL|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-65 NAL|
|2/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-64 FLGC|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-56 NAL|
- The scoring leader for the Eagles this season is Caleb Catto, who averages 13.7 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.3 assists per game.
- Eli Abaev is the Eagles leading rebounder, pulling down 7.3 per game, while Luis Rolon is their best passer, averaging 4.9 assists in each contest.
- Catto leads the Eagles in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Rolon and Dakota Rivers lead the Eagles on the defensive end, with Rolon leading the team in steals averaging 2.4 per game and Rivers in blocks averaging 1.8 per contest.
North Alabama Leaders
- Mervin James is the top scorer for the Lions with 15.4 points per game. He also adds 7.5 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game to his stats.
- The Lions’ leader in rebounds is Emanuel Littles with 10.2 per contest, and their leader in assists is C.J. Brim with 2.7 per game.
- Jamari Blackmon contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Lions. He makes 2.2 threes per game.
- North Alabama’s leader in steals is James (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Isaac Chatman (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED