The Florida Atlantic Owls (5-6) are 4.5-point underdogs as they attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they visit the Florida International Panthers (8-4) on Thursday, January 14, 2021 at Ocean Bank Convocation Center. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is set at 141.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Panthers and their opponents have scored no less than 141 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 12 opportunities (75%) this season.
- In six of 11 games (54.5%) this season, Florida Atlantic has combined with its opponents to score at least 141 points.
- These two teams average a combined 162.3 points per game, 21.3 more points than the total of 141 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.8 less points per game (136.2) than this matchup’s total of 141 points.
- The average total the Panthers have had set in matchups this year is 11.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Owls games this year have averaged a total of 146.3 points, 5.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Panthers record 81.8 points per game, 16.1 more points than the 65.7 the Owls give up.
- Florida International is 4-0 against the spread and 8-3 overall when scoring more than 65.7 points.
- Florida Atlantic has put together a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall when allowing more than 81.8 points.
- The Owls put up 10 more points per game (80.5) than the Panthers give up (70.5).
- When it scores more than 70.5 points, Florida Atlantic is 0-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Florida International is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 80.5 points.
- The Panthers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 135 points this season (11.3 points per game on average), and the Owls have put up 163 more points than their opponents on the year (14.8 per game).
Florida International Betting Information
- Florida International has earned an even 4-4 record against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 4.5 points, the Panthers have struggled to a 0-2 record ATS this season.
- Florida International and its opponents have hit the total 4 times in 8 contests this season.
Florida Atlantic Betting Information
- Florida Atlantic has a losing record against the spread, going 2-5 ATS (covering only 28.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Owls have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Owls games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (4 out of 7 games, 57.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||Florida Atlantic||-2.5||147.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-59 FIU|
|2/5/2020||Florida International||-3||151||-157||+129||Regular Season||69-50 FIU|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-76 FIU|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-72 FAU|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-74 FIU|
Florida International Leaders
- The Panthers leader in points and assists is Antonio Daye, who puts up 18.0 points per game along with 5.1 assists.
- Florida International’s best rebounder is Dimon Carrigan, who averages 7.0 boards per game in addition to his 7.3 PPG average.
- Eric Lovett leads his teammates on the Panthers with 2.9 made threes per game.
- Daye and Carrigan lead the Panthers on the defensive end, with Daye leading the team in steals averaging 2.7 per game and Carrigan in blocks averaging 2.8 per contest.
Florida Atlantic Leaders
- Jailyn Ingram has the top spot on the Owls leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 16.0 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
- Bryan Greenlee notches more assists than any other Florida Atlantic teammate with 2.6 per game. He also scores 11.3 points and pulls down 2.4 rebounds per game.
- Ingram contributes the bulk of the Owls’ three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.5 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Kenan Blackshear (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for Florida Atlantic while Madiaw Niang (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found