The Florida International Panthers (9-14) will attempt to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (7-14) at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, February 19, 2021 as 2.5-point favorites. The Golden Eagles have lost eight games in a row. The point total for the matchup is 138.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Miss (+2.5)||Over (138)||Florida International 71 Southern Miss 70|
- In 69.6% of their games this year (16 of 23 chances), the Panthers and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s point total of 138 points.
- Southern Miss and its opponents have added up to score more than 138 points in 38.1% of their games this year (eight of 21 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 0.9 more points per game (138.9) than this matchup’s over/under of 138 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141.8 points per game, 3.8 more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average point total in Panthers games this season is 12.5 more points than the total of 138 in this matchup.
- The average total for Golden Eagles games this year is 7.8 less points than the point total of 138 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Panthers put up 75 points per game, 8.7 more points than the 66.3 the Golden Eagles give up.
- Florida International is 9-6 overall and 4-0 against the spread when scoring more than 66.3 points.
- In games when Southern Miss gives up more than 75 points, it is 1-5 against the spread and 0-6 overall.
- The Golden Eagles score 11.6 fewer points per game (63.9) than the Panthers allow their opponents to score (75.5).
- Southern Miss has put together a 1-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record in games it scores more than 75.5 points.
- Florida International’s record is 7-13 overall and 4-12 against the spread when it gives up more than 63.9 points to its opponents.
- The Panthers have a -11-point scoring differential on the season (-0.5 per game). The Golden Eagles have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-51 total points, -2.4 per game).
Florida International Betting Information
- Florida International has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 5-13 record.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Panthers have struggled to a 2-5 record ATS this season.
- More often than not, Florida International and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 10 of 18 chances this season.
Southern Miss Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have a losing record against the spread, going 9-10 ATS (covering just 47.4% of the time).
- The Golden Eagles have fared well as a 2.5-point underdog, going 2-0 against the spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Southern Miss has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 47.4% of matchups this season (9 out of 19 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||Florida International||-2.5||143.5||-149||+118||Regular Season||75-67 SOUMIS|
|1/31/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-73 SOUMIS|
Florida International Leaders
- The Panthers leader in points and assists is Antonio Daye, who puts up 17.4 points per game to go with 4.5 assists.
- Dimon Carrigan leads Florida International in rebounding, grabbing 6.2 boards per game while also scoring 7.0 points a contest.
- Eric Lovett provides the bulk of the Panthers’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.8 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Daye and Carrigan lead the Panthers on the defensive end, with Daye leading the team in steals averaging 2.4 per game and Carrigan in blocks averaging 2.4 per contest.
Southern Miss Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson averages 14.3 points and 7.2 rebounds per game for the Golden Eagles, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Tae Hardy dishes out 2.5 assists per game, the most assists on the Golden Eagles.
- LaDavius Draine is consistent from distance and leads the Golden Eagles with 1.7 made threes per game.
- Southern Miss’ leader in steals is Hardy with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is DeAndre Pinckney with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED