The No. 16 Florida State Seminoles (9-2) are heavily favored (-11.5) to build on a four-game winning streak when they host the Miami (FL) Hurricanes (6-8) at 6:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at Donald L. Tucker Center. The contest airs on ACCN. The matchup has an over/under set at 141.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Florida State (-11.5)||Under (141.5)||Florida State 79 Miami (FL) 62|
- In 63.6% of their games this year (seven of 11 chances), the Seminoles and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- In four of 14 games (28.6%) this year, Miami (FL) and its opponents have combined to score at least 141.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.4 more points per game (145.9) than this game’s total of 141.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 136.9 points per game, 4.6 fewer than the over/under for this game.
- The average point total in Seminoles games this year is 6.0 more points than the over/under of 141.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Hurricanes games this season is 6.4 fewer points than the point total of 141.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Seminoles score 79.1 points per game, 10.7 more points than the 68.4 the Hurricanes give up.
- Florida State is 6-0 against the spread and 9-1 overall when scoring more than 68.4 points.
- When Miami (FL) gives up more than 79.1 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- The Hurricanes put up just 1.7 fewer points than the Seminoles allow (68.5).
- Miami (FL) has put together a 2-0 ATS record and a 4-1 overall record in games it scores more than 68.5 points.
- Florida State has an ATS record of 3-3 and a 4-2 record overall when its opponents score more than 66.8 points.
- The Seminoles have totaled 117 more points than their opponents this season (10.6 per game on average), while the Hurricanes have been out-scored by 22 total points (1.6 per game average differential).
Florida State Betting Information
- Against the spread, Florida State has been strong this season, posting a 6-4 record.
- The Seminoles have struggled to cover, going just 0-2 ATS when favored by at least 11.5 points.
- In 7 of 10 (70%) contests this season, Florida State and its opponents have hit the over.
Miami (FL) Betting Information
- Miami (FL) has a losing record against the spread, going 6-7 ATS (covering just 46.2% of the time).
- The Hurricanes have not fared well as a 11.5-point underdog, going 0-3 against the spread when they are at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- Miami (FL) has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 38.5% of matchups this season (5 out of 13 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||Florida State||-14.5||144||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||99-81 FSU|
|1/18/2020||Florida State||-6||142.5||-275||+213||Regular Season||83-79 FSU|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-66 FSU|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-62 FSU|
Florida State Leaders
- M.J. Walker leads the Seminoles in scoring, tallying 14.5 points per game to go with 2.8 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
- Balsa Koprivica is the Seminoles leading rebounder, pulling down 6.0 per game, while Scottie Barnes is their best passer, averaging 4.0 assists in each contest.
- Walker makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Seminoles, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.1 per contest.
- Raiquan Gray and Koprivica lead Florida State on the defensive end, with Gray leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Koprivica in blocks averaging 1.4 per contest.
Miami (FL) Leaders
- Isaiah Wong is at the top of the Hurricanes scoring leaderboard with 17.4 points per game. He also collects 5.7 rebounds and averages 2.1 assists per game.
- The Hurricanes’ leader in rebounds is Nysier Brooks with 6.4 per outing, and their leader in assists is Harlond Beverly with 3.4 per game.
- Wong is consistent from distance and leads the Hurricanes with 1.6 made threes per game.
- Miami (FL)’s leader in steals is Earl Timberlake (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Brooks (0.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends