As the calendar turns over to 2020, we are going to see a little shift in the college basketball schedule, as the non-conference games make way for the big rivalry games that will ultimately decide who wins each conference and who gets those coveted high seeds ahead of the tournament. Every single season, we see teams come storming out of the gate, making their non-conference matchups look like a total walk in the park, only for it all to fall apart once we get into the meat and potatoes of conference play.
In a day when other will be chilling and doing nothing, we will have some college basketball to look forward to on New Year’s Day, including a Mountain West Conference matchup between the Fresno State Bulldogs and the as yet unbeaten San Diego State Aztecs. Judging by how things have gone this season, you would expect a bit of a blowout here, but that is the beauty of conference play. You can never be totally sure. Check back in for live NCAAB odds updates as they happen.
Fresno State vs San Diego State 2019 College Basketball Lines & Pick
- When: Wednesday, January 1 at 3 PM EST
- Where: Viejas Arena, San Diego
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Basketball Odds: TBA
Why bet on the Fresno State Bulldogs?The Fresno State Bulldogs have not had a very good season to this point, going 4-9, and with more Mountain West Games coming their way, things might be about to get even worse. After all, the Bulldogs have played 2 conference games and have dropped them both. You don’t really like their chances of heading into San Diego and getting a win against an Aztecs team that is one of just two undefeated Division 1 teams left in the nation.
We should, though, pay attention to the fact that Fresno State has won 7 of their last 10 meetings with the Aztecs, although I’m not so sure that history will play a role here. The Bulldogs have in fact covered the spread in each of their last 5 visits to San Diego and are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 overall against the Aztecs.
- Total Score: 70.62
- Field Goal Percentage: 42.08
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.55
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.28
- Total Rebounds: 38.08
- Total Score: 66.46
- Field Goal Percentage: 39.81
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.09
- Free Throw Percentage: 74.05
- Total Rebounds: 34.69
Why bet on the San Diego State Aztecs?You can look at the 13-0 San Diego State Aztecs and complain that they haven’t really had a meaningful win yet, but the truth is that you can only play the teams on the schedule. Yes, things will certainly get tougher for the Aztecs as the season progresses, but for now, you need to give them credit for making it to this stage of the season as one of only two unbeaten teams in Division 1 college basketball this season.
Their previous issues against Fresno State aside, the Aztecs have been a very decent bet, going 10-5 ATS in their last 15 games overall. They have not been a good bet at home this season, though, going 2-4 ATS in their 6 home games. They have, though, won 7 straight games in their own building.
- Total Score: 76.69
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.03
- Three-Point Percentage: 38.28
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.59
- Total Rebounds: 39.08
- Total Score: 56.31
- Field Goal Percentage: 36.19
- Three-Point Percentage: 26.95
- Free Throw Percentage: 70.85
- Total Rebounds: 31.77
Fresno State vs San Diego State College Basketball Betting Trends
- Bulldogs are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games on the road
- Bulldogs are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games when playing on the road against San Diego State
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Fresno State’s last 11 games
- Aztecs are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games
- Aztecs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played in January
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego State’s last 6 games against Fresno State
Expert Pick & Final Score PredictionThe Bulldogs have had the better of this matchup over the years, but the tide had turned this season. This should be a comfortable start to the New Year for the San Diego State Aztecs.
Score: Fresno State Bulldogs 60 – San Diego State Aztecs 78