The Furman Paladins (14-7) are heavily favored (-16) to extend a three-game winning streak when they host the Citadel Bulldogs (11-10) at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at Timmons Arena. The contest airs on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 159.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Citadel (+16)||Under (159)||Furman 85 Citadel 70|
- In four of 21 outings (19%) this year, the Paladins and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 159 points.
- Citadel and its opponents have added up to score at least 159 points in 28.6% of their matchups this year (six of 21 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 1.4 more points per game (160.4) than this matchup’s over/under of 159 points.
- The Paladins and the Bulldogs have seen their opponents average a combined 13.3 fewer points per game than the over/under of 159 set for this matchup.
- The Paladins average point total in matchups this year is 147.6, 11.4 points less than the over/under in this game.
- Bulldogs games this year have averaged an over/under of 158.5 points, 0.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Furman Betting Information
- The Paladins have struggled to an extent against the spread this year, putting up an 8-10 record.
- The Paladins have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -16 or bigger.
- Furman has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 8 times in 18 contests (44.4%).
Citadel Betting Information
- The Bulldogs have a 10-7 record against the spread, covering in 58.8% of their outings.
- In most of Citadel’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 17 games, 29.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/13/2021||Furman||-13.5||167||-1115||+678||Regular Season||94-88 FURMAN|
|2/29/2020||Furman||-20.5||151.5||-6000||+1420||Regular Season||82-58 FURMAN|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-54 FURMAN|
|1/31/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-61 FURMAN|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||101-85 FURMAN|
- Mike Bothwell leads the Paladins in scoring, tallying 16.0 points per game to go with 4.9 rebounds and 3.0 assists.
- Clay Mounce leads the Paladins in rebounding, averaging 6.4 per game, while Alex Hunter leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.7 in each contest.
- Hunter hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Paladins, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.5 per game.
- Bothwell and Jalen Slawson lead the Paladins on the defensive end, with Bothwell leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Slawson in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
- The Bulldogs’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Hayden Brown with 19.0 points and 10.6 rebounds per game.
- Tyler Moffe’s assist statline paces Citadel; he dishes out 4.5 assists per game.
- Kaiden Rice is consistent from deep and leads the Bulldogs with 4.0 made threes per game.
- Brown (1.1 steals per game) is the steal leader for Citadel while Stephen Clark (2.1 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED