The Furman Paladins (13-7) visit the Mercer Bears (12-8) as 3.5-point favorites after Alex Hunter went off for 23 points in the Paladins 78-64 victory over Samford. The matchup airs on ESPN+ at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 20, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at 149.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mercer (+3.5)||Over (149.5)||Furman 76 Mercer 74|
- The Paladins and their opponents have scored more than 149.5 points in 45% of their outings this year (nine of 20 opportunities).
- In 12 of 20 opportunities (60%) this year, Mercer and its opponents have combined to score at least 149.5 points.
- The Paladins and the Bears combine to average 9.5 more points per game than the over/under of 149.5 set for this game.
- The Paladins and the Bears have seen their opponents average a combined 7.5 less points per game than the over/under of 149.5 set in this matchup.
- The average point total for Paladins games this season is 1.1 fewer points than the total of 149.5 in this matchup.
- Bears games this season have averaged a total of 152.5 points, 3.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
Furman Betting Information
- The Paladins have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 7-10 record.
- The Paladins have posted a losing record of 6-7 against the spread when the spread is -3.5 or higher.
- Furman and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the over in 8 of 17 games this season (47.1%).
Mercer Betting Information
- Mercer has a losing record against the spread, going 7-10 ATS (covering just 41.2% of the time).
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Bears have not fared well, going 2-4 against the spread.
- In the majority of Bears games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (10 out of 17 games, 58.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||Furman||-10||152||-576||+417||Regular Season||83-80 FURMAN|
|2/5/2020||Furman||-11.5||143.5||-843||+540||Regular Season||79-57 FURMAN|
|12/20/2019||Furman||-9.5||146||-525||+376||Regular Season||64-62 FURMAN|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-63 FURMAN|
|1/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-58 FURMAN|
- Mike Bothwell leads the Paladins in scoring, tallying 16.0 points per game to go with 4.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
- Clay Mounce leads the Paladins in rebounding, averaging 6.5 per game, while Hunter leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.8 in each contest.
- Hunter paces his teammates on the Paladins with 2.6 made threes per outing.
- Bothwell and Jalen Slawson lead Furman on the defensive end, with Bothwell leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Slawson in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
- Ross Cummings is at the top of the Bears scoring leaderboard with 15.3 points per game. He also grabs 3.3 rebounds and dishes out 2.4 assists per game.
- Mercer’s leader in rebounds is Felipe Haase with 7.8 per game, and its leader in assists is Neftali Alvarez with 4.7 per game.
- Cummings is reliable from deep and leads the Bears with 2.9 made threes per game.
- Jeff Gary (1.4 steals per game) and Maciej Bender (1.4 blocks per game) lead the Bears in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED