The Furman Paladins (9-3) are big, 10-point favorites as they try to build on a four-game win streak when they visit the VMI Keydets (6-6) on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at Cameron Hall. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under set at 156.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|VMI (+10)||Over (156.5)||Furman 82 VMI 75|
- In six of 12 games (50%) this season, the Paladins and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 156.5 points.
- VMI has combined with its opponents to score at least 156.5 points in six of 12 opportunities (50%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 169.4 points per game, 12.9 more points than the total of 156.5 set for this matchup.
- The Paladins and the Keydets have seen their opponents average a combined 11.4 less points per game than the point total of 156.5 set in this game.
- The average point total in Paladins games this year is 1.2 fewer points than the over/under of 156.5 in this matchup.
- Keydets games this year have averaged an over/under of 159.1 points, 2.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Furman Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Paladins have covered five times in nine contests.
- The Paladins have posted a winning record of 3-2 against the spread when the spread is -10 or bigger.
- The Paladins have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 2 times in 9 games this season.
VMI Betting Information
- The Keydets have a winning record against the spread, going 5-3 ATS (covering 62.5% of the time).
- The Keydets and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 5 of 8 (62.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/29/2020||Furman||-16||144.5||-2062||+987||Regular Season||74-72 FURMAN|
|1/1/2020||Furman||-12.5||143||-991||+629||Regular Season||89-73 FURMAN|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||96-62 FURMAN|
|1/10/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-57 FURMAN|
- Mike Bothwell leads the Paladins in points and assists per game, scoring 18.8 points and distributing 3.8 assists.
- Clay Mounce leads Furman in rebounding, pulling down 5.6 boards per game while also scoring 16.0 points a contest.
- Alex Hunter makes more threes per game than any other member of the Paladins, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.3 per contest.
- Bothwell and Jalen Slawson lead the Paladins on the defensive end, with Bothwell leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and Slawson in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
- Greg Parham racks up 19.0 points and adds 3.9 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Keydets’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Myles Lewis grabs 7.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 9.7 points per game and adds 1.4 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the VMI rebounding leaderboard.
- Parham averages 3.2 three-pointers per game, the most on the Keydets.
- Trey Bonham (1.2 steals per game) and Jake Stephens (1.8 blocks per game) lead the Keydets in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED