The Western Carolina Catamounts (9-10) are heavy underdogs (by 13 points) to break a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Furman Paladins (11-7) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 147.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Western Carolina (+13)||Over (147.5)||Furman 82 Western Carolina 69|
- In 44.4% of their games this season (eight of 18 chances), the Paladins and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s point total of 147.5 points.
- Western Carolina has played in 12 games this season (out of 19 total matchups — 63.2% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 147.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 8.7 more points per game (156.2) than this game’s total of 147.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.0 fewer points per game (145.5) than this matchup’s total of 147.5 points.
- The average over/under the Paladins have had set in matchups this season is 0.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Catamounts this season is 5.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Furman Betting Information
- Furman has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 6-9 record.
- The Paladins have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -13 or bigger.
- The Paladins have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 46.7% of their games this season (7 of 15 contests).
Western Carolina Betting Information
- Western Carolina has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 4-12-1 ATS.
- In most of Western Carolina’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 17 games, 41.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2021||Furman||-9||153.5||-459||+349||Regular Season||75-69 FURMAN|
|2/8/2020||Furman||-3.5||151||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-73 FURMAN|
|1/15/2020||Furman||-11||151||-714||+479||Regular Season||83-79 FURMAN|
|2/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-45 FURMAN|
|12/1/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-88 FURMAN|
- The Paladins scoring leader is Mike Bothwell, who averages 16.4 per contest to go with 5.2 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
- Furman’s leading rebounder is Clay Mounce averaging 6.7 boards per game and its best passer is Alex Hunter and his 3.8 assists per game.
- The Paladins get the most three-point shooting production out of Hunter, who makes 2.5 threes per game.
- Bothwell and Jalen Slawson lead Furman on the defensive end, with Bothwell leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Slawson in blocks averaging 1.4 per contest.
Western Carolina Leaders
- Mason Faulkner racks up 16.3 points and tacks on 4.6 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Catamounts’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- The Catamounts’ top rebounder is Cory Hightower — he pulls down 6.3 per game while averaging 13.6 points per game.
- Matt Halvorsen leads his teammates on the Catamounts with 3.2 made threes per contest.
- Western Carolina’s leader in steals is Faulkner (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Xavier Cork (1.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview