The South Carolina Gamecocks (5-12) are expected to extend a six-game losing streak when they visit the Georgia Bulldogs (14-9) as 5.5-point underdogs at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at Stegeman Coliseum. The game airs on SECN. The matchup has an over/under of 161 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Georgia (-5.5)||Under (161)||Georgia 80 South Carolina 73|
- In 39.1% of their games this season (nine of 23 chances), the Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 161 points.
- South Carolina has played in five games this season (out of 17 total matchups — 29.4% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 161 points.
- The two teams average a combined 10.3 less points per game (150.7) than this matchup’s over/under of 161 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 6.1 less points per game (154.9) than this game’s total of 161 points.
- The average point total for Bulldogs games this year is 5.8 less points than the total of 161 in this matchup.
- The average total in Gamecocks games this season is 10.5 fewer points than the point total of 161 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bulldogs record just 0.2 more points per game (78) than the Gamecocks give up (77.8).
- When Georgia totals more than 77.8 points, it is 7-0 against the spread and 9-4 overall.
- In games South Carolina gives up more than 78 points, it is 2-7 against the spread and 0-9 overall.
- The Gamecocks’ 72.7 points per game are only 4.4 fewer points than the 77.1 the Bulldogs allow to opponents.
- South Carolina has put together a 4-0 ATS record and a 3-5 overall record in games it scores more than 77.1 points.
- Georgia’s record is 5-8 overall and 5-8 against the spread when it gives up more than 72.7 points to its opponents.
- The Bulldogs have scored a total of 21 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 0.9 per game), while the Gamecocks have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 87 total points, -5.1 per game).
Georgia Betting Information
- Georgia is good against the spread, going 12-9 on the season.
- The Bulldogs have covered half the time, going 2-2 against the spread when favored by at least 5.5 points.
- Georgia has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 12 of 21 games for a 57.1% rate.
South Carolina Betting Information
- South Carolina has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 6-11 ATS.
- The Gamecocks have not fared well as a 5.5-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they are at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- South Carolina and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 11 of 17 (64.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/27/2021||South Carolina||-5||159||-221||+179||Regular Season||83-59 SC|
|2/26/2020||South Carolina||-7||150||-306||+239||Regular Season||94-90 SC|
|2/12/2020||Georgia||-2.5||153||-145||+120||Regular Season||75-59 SC|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-46 SC|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-80 SC|
- The Bulldogs leader in points and assists is Sahvir Wheeler, who scores 14.1 points per game to go with 7.1 assists.
- Georgia’s best rebounder is Toumani Camara, who averages 7.6 boards per game in addition to his 12.9 PPG average.
- P.J. Horne leads the Bulldogs in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.7 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The Georgia steals leader is K.D. Johnson, who averages 1.9 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Camara, who compiles 1.1 rejections per contest.
South Carolina Leaders
- A.J. Lawson is the top scorer for the Gamecocks with 17.8 points per game. He also adds 4.2 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game to his stats.
- Justin Minaya puts up a stat line of 6.8 rebounds, 7.6 points and 1.8 assists per game for South Carolina to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jermaine Couisnard has the top spot for assists with 3.4 per game, adding 9.3 points and 2.9 rebounds per matchup.
- Lawson hits more threes per game than any other member of the Gamecocks, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 3.0 per outing.
- Lawson (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for South Carolina while Jalyn McCreary (1.2 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED