The Appalachian State Mountaineers (12-10) are expected to extend a five-game losing streak when they visit the Georgia Southern Eagles (12-11) as 2-point underdogs at 6:00 PM ET on Friday, February 26, 2021 at W. S. Hanner Fieldhouse. The matchup airs on ESPN+. The point total in the matchup is set at 132.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Appalachian State (+2)||Over (132.5)||Appalachian State 69 Georgia Southern 68|
- The Eagles and their opponents have scored at least 132.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 13 of 23 games (56.5%) this season.
- Appalachian State and its opponents have combined to score more than 132.5 points in 12 of 22 opportunities (54.5%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 10.3 more points per game (142.8) than this matchup’s total of 132.5 points.
- The Eagles and the Mountaineers have seen their opponents average a combined 1.2 fewer points per game than the point total of 132.5 set in this matchup.
- The average total the Eagles have had set in matchups this season is 7.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Mountaineers this season is 1.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Georgia Southern Betting Information
- The Eagles have struggled to an extent against the spread this season, posting an 8-11 record.
- The Eagles have struggled to cover, going just 2-4 ATS when favored by at least 2 points.
- The Eagles have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 8 of 19 contests this season, a rate of 42.1%
Appalachian State Betting Information
- Appalachian State has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 9-8-1 ATS.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Mountaineers have a record ATS of 3-5.
- In the majority of Appalachian State’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (8 out of 18 games, 44.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||Appalachian State||-1.5||131.5||-125||+103||Regular Season||77-71 APPLST|
|2/15/2020||Georgia Southern||-5.5||140.5||-245||+193||Regular Season||62-57 APPLST|
|1/4/2020||Appalachian State||-1.5||140.5||-125||+102||Regular Season||74-72 APPLST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-69 GAS|
Georgia Southern Leaders
- Zack Bryant leads the Eagles in scoring, tallying 13.6 points per game to go with 2.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
- Prince Toyambi is the Eagles leading rebounder, grabbing 5.8 per game, while Eric Boone is their best passer, averaging 3.1 assists in each contest.
- Gedi Juozapaitis hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Eagles, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
- Boone and Bryant lead the Eagles on the defensive end, with Boone leading the team in steals averaging 2.3 per game and Bryant in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
Appalachian State Leaders
- Adrian Delph sits at the top of the Mountaineers scoring leaderboard with 11.5 points per game. He also pulls down 4.1 rebounds and dishes out 1.4 assists per game.
- The Appalachian State leaders in rebounding and assists are James Lewis with 5.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 9.2 points and 0.4 assists per game) and Justin Forrest with 2.6 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.9 points and 3.0 rebounds per game).
- Michael Almonacy contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Mountaineers. He knocks down 2.2 threes per game.
- The Mountaineers’ leader in steals is Forrest with 1.5 per game, and Lewis is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED