A pair of streaking teams meet when the Georgia State Panthers (12-5) visit the South Alabama Jaguars (16-8) on Friday, February 26, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The Panthers are 2-point favorites and put their four-game win streak on the line against the Jaguars, winners of eight straight. The matchup’s point total is set at 143.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|South Alabama (+2)||Over (143)||South Alabama 74 Georgia State 73|
- In 10 of 17 outings (58.8%) this season, the Panthers and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- South Alabama has played in 13 games this year (out of 24 total matchups — 54.2% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 143 points.
- The two teams average a combined 11.7 more points per game (154.7) than this game’s over/under of 143 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141.5 points per game, 1.5 fewer than the point total for this game.
- The average total the Panthers have had set in games this year is 9.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Jaguars games this year have averaged an over/under of 143.4 points, 0.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
Georgia State Betting Information
- The Panthers are 7-7 against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have struggled to cover, going just 6-7 ATS when favored by at least 2 points.
- Georgia State and its opponents have reached the total 7 times in 14 contests this season.
South Alabama Betting Information
- South Alabama has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 9-10 ATS.
- When they play as at least 2-point underdogs, the Jaguars have a record ATS of 1-7.
- South Alabama has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 47.4% of matchups this year (9 out of 19 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/9/2021||Georgia State||-5.5||145||-242||+195||Regular Season||70-67 SALA|
|1/30/2020||Georgia State||-5.5||143||-252||+199||Regular Season||76-73 GAST|
|1/16/2020||South Alabama||-2||142||-134||+110||Regular Season||72-63 GAST|
|2/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-81 GAST|
|1/17/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-66 GAST|
Georgia State Leaders
- The Panthers scoring leader is Corey Allen, who averages 15.4 per contest to go with 4.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
- Eliel Nsoseme leads Georgia State in rebounding, averaging 9.9 per game, while Justin Roberts leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.8 in each contest.
- Allen leads the Panthers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.9 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Roberts and Jalen Thomas lead Georgia State on the defensive end, with Roberts leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Thomas in blocks averaging 1.5 per contest.
South Alabama Leaders
- Michael Flowers’ points (20.7 per game) and assists (3.5 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Jaguars’ leaderboards.
- Kayo Goncalves’ stat line of 6.3 rebounds, 9.5 points and 0.6 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the South Alabama rebounding leaderboard.
- Flowers connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Jaguars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.0 per game.
- South Alabama’s leader in steals is Tyreke Locure with 2.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jamal West with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED