Moses Wright leads the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (12-8) into a matchup against the Syracuse Orange (13-7) after putting up 26 points in a 69-53 win over Virginia Tech. The Yellow Jackets are 4.5-point favorites in the matchup on Saturday, February 27, 2021, which tips at 12:00 PM ET on ACCN. The matchup has a point total of 144.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Georgia Tech (-4.5)||Over (144)||Georgia Tech 76 Syracuse 70|
- The Yellow Jackets and their opponents have scored at least 144 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 20 outings (35%) this year.
- Syracuse has combined with its opponents to score more than 144 points in nine of 20 outings (45%) this year.
- The Yellow Jackets and the Orange combine to average 7.1 more points per game than the over/under of 144 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.4 less points per game (140.6) than this game’s total of 144 points.
- The average point total for Yellow Jackets games this season is 0.5 more points than the over/under of 144 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Orange this year is 3.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Yellow Jackets record 74.9 points per contest, only 3.9 more points than the 71 the Orange allow their opponents.
- Georgia Tech is 8-0 against the spread and 10-3 overall when scoring more than 71 points.
- When Syracuse allows more than 74.9 points, it is 1-7 against the spread and 2-6 overall.
- The Orange average 6.6 more points per game (76.2) than the Yellow Jackets give up (69.6).
- Syracuse has put together a 12-3 overall record and a 7-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.6 points.
- Georgia Tech’s record is 0-3 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it gives up more than 76.2 points.
- The Yellow Jackets have out-scored their opponents by a total of 106 points this season (5.3 points per game on average), and the Orange have put up 105 more points than their opponents on the year (5.2 per game).
Georgia Tech Betting Information
- Georgia Tech has been good against the spread this season, posting an 11-9 record.
- The Yellow Jackets have posted a losing record of 2-4 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or bigger.
- More often than not, Georgia Tech and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 10 of 20 chances this season.
Syracuse Betting Information
- The Orange have a 7-12 record against the spread, covering in only 36.8% of their games.
- The Orange have not fared well as a 4.5-point underdog, going 3-6 against the spread when they are at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Syracuse and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 10 of 19 (52.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||Syracuse||-5||142.5||-227||+179||Regular Season||79-72 SYRA|
|12/7/2019||Georgia Tech||-3||130.5||-159||+131||Regular Season||97-63 SYRA|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-59 GTECH|
Georgia Tech Leaders
- Wright leads the Yellow Jackets in scoring and rebounding, tallying 16.8 points and 7.7 boards per game.
- Jose Alvarado leads the Yellow Jackets in assists, averaging 4.2 per game while also scoring 16.6 points per contest.
- Michael Devoe leads the Yellow Jackets in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The Georgia Tech steals leader is Alvarado, who averages 2.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Wright, who compiles 1.8 rejections per contest.
- Buddy Boeheim is the top scorer for the Orange with 15.6 points per game. He also tacks on 2.2 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game to his statistics.
- Quincy Guerrier has a stat line of 9.2 rebounds, 14.8 points and 0.9 assists per game for Syracuse to take the top rebound spot on the team. Joseph Girard III has the top spot for assists with 3.5 per game, adding 10.0 points and 2.9 rebounds per matchup.
- Boeheim provides the most three-point shooting production for the Orange. He makes 2.5 threes per game.
- Kadary Richmond (2.0 steals per game) and Alan Griffin (1.7 blocks per game) pace the Orange in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED