Big South opponents square off when the Hampton Pirates (4-5) host the High Point Panthers (5-8) at Convocation Center (VA), starting at 2:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 7, 2021. The Panthers are 1-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s over/under is 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Hampton (-1)||Over (140)||Hampton 71 High Point 70|
- The Pirates and their opponents have put up at least 140 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of nine opportunities (77.8%) this season.
- High Point has combined with its opponents to score more than 140 points in seven of 13 outings (53.8%) this year.
- The Pirates and the Panthers combine to average one more points per game than the over/under of 140 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 147.9 points per game, 7.9 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average point total in Pirates games this year is 8.2 more points than the total of 140 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Panthers games this year is 0.7 more points than the point total of 140 in this outing.
Hampton Betting Information
- Hampton has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 4-5 record.
- The Pirates have posted a losing record of 0-1 against the spread when the spread is -1 or higher.
- Hampton has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 4 times in 9 contests (44.4%).
High Point Betting Information
- High Point has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 7-5 ATS.
- The Panthers have not fared well as a 1-point underdog, going 2-3 against the spread when they are at least 1-point underdogs.
- High Point has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this year (6 out of 12 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2020||Hampton||-2||149||-135||+110||Regular Season||88-85 HIGHPT|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-81 HIGHPT|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-69 HIGHPT|
- The Pirates leader in points and rebounds is Davion Warren, who scores 21.8 points and grabs 6.9 boards per game.
- Hampton’s best passer is Russell Dean, who averages 6.6 assists per game to go with his 11.1 PPG scoring average.
- Chris Shelton leads the Pirates in three-point shooting with an average of 3.1 made threes per game.
- Warren and Dajour Dickens lead the Pirates on the defensive end, with Warren leading the team in steals averaging 2.1 per game and Dickens in blocks averaging 3.1 per contest.
High Point Leaders
- The Panthers’ John-Michael Wright puts up enough points (20.0 per game) and assists (3.5 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- High Point’s Lydell Elmore stats (6.2 rebounds per game, 11.4 points per game, 1.0 assist per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Wright leads the Panthers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.1 made threes per game.
- High Point’s leader in steals is Wright with 1.5 per game, and its leader in blocks is Caden Sanchez with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED