The High Point Panthers (6-8) are 1.5-point favorites as they look to build on a three-game winning streak when they visit the Hampton Pirates (4-6) on Monday, February 8, 2021 at Convocation Center (VA). The matchup airs at 4:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s over/under is 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Hampton (+1.5)||Over (140.5)||Hampton 71 High Point 70|
- In seven of 14 games (50%) this season, the Panthers and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s point total of 140.5 points.
- In six of 10 outings (60%) this season, Hampton has combined with its opponents to score more than 140.5 points.
- The Panthers and the Pirates combine to average 0.7 fewer points per game than the over/under of 140.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 146.5 points per game, 6.0 more than the point total in this game.
- The Panthers average point total in matchups this season is 139.9, 0.6 points less than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Pirates this season is 5.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
High Point Betting Information
- The Panthers have been strong against the spread this season, earning an 8-5 record.
- The Panthers fare well when favored by at least 1.5 points, posting a 3-1 record against the spread.
- High Point and its opponents have converted the over just 6 times in 13 (46.2%) games this season.
Hampton Betting Information
- Hampton has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 4-6 ATS.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Pirates have a record ATS of 0-1.
- The Pirates and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 4 of 10 (40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/7/2021||High Point||-1.5||141.5||-126||+105||Regular Season||72-58 HIGHPT|
|2/6/2020||Hampton||-2||149||-135||+110||Regular Season||88-85 HIGHPT|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-81 HIGHPT|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-69 HIGHPT|
High Point Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Panthers is John-Michael Wright, who scores 20.0 points and distributes 3.5 assists per game.
- Lydell Elmore is the Panthers best rebounder, grabbing an average of 6.2 boards in each contest while scoring 11.4 points per game.
- Wright hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Panthers, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
- Wright and Caden Sanchez lead High Point on the defensive end, with Wright leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Sanchez in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
- Davion Warren sits on top of the Pirates leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 21.8 points and 6.9 rebounds per game.
- The Pirates’ top assist machine is Russell Dean with a stat line of 6.6 assists, 11.1 points, and 4.3 rebounds per game.
- Chris Shelton connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Pirates, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 3.1 per outing.
- Warren (2.1 steals per game) and Dajour Dickens (3.1 blocks per game) pace the Pirates in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED