The Northeastern Huskies (2-5) host the Hofstra Pride (4-4) as 1-point underdogs after Shaquille Walters racked up 20 points in the Huskies 81-78 victory over Hofstra. The matchup is at 12:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 139.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northeastern (+1)||Over (139.5)||Northeastern 72 Hofstra 70|
- In 50% of their opportunities this year (four of eight chances), the Pride and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 139.5 points.
- Northeastern and its opponents have combined to score at least 139.5 points in 42.9% of their matchups this year (three of seven chances).
- The Pride and the Huskies combine to average 0.7 fewer points per game than the total of 139.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 147.3 points per game, 7.8 more than the over/under for this game.
- The average point total for Pride games this year is 5.3 more points than the over/under of 139.5 in this matchup.
- Huskies games this year have averaged a total of 141.3 points, 1.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
Hofstra Betting Information
- Hofstra been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, posting a 4-4 record.
- The Pride have struggled to cover, going just 2-4 ATS when favored by at least 1 points.
- Hofstra and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the total in 4 of 8 games this season (50%).
Northeastern Betting Information
- Northeastern has a 4-3 record against the spread, covering in 57.1% of their contests.
- In the majority of Northeastern’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (3 out of 7 games, 42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/7/2021||Hofstra||-5||138.5||-222||+178||Regular Season||81-78 NEAST|
|3/10/2020||Hofstra||-1||134.5||-117||-106||Conference Tournament||70-61 HOFST|
|2/8/2020||Hofstra||-5||142||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-71 HOFST|
|1/9/2020||Northeastern||-4.5||146||-204||+165||Regular Season||74-72 HOFST|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-61 NEAST|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-72 HOFST|
- The Pride scoring leader is Jalen Ray, who averages 17.6 per contest to go with 3.4 rebounds and 3.9 assists.
- Isaac Kante leads Hofstra in rebounding, averaging 11.1 per game, while Caleb Burgess leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.1 in each contest.
- Tareq Coburn makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pride, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.5 per contest.
- Coburn is Hofstra’s leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Kante leads them in blocks with 0.6 per contest.
- Tyson Walker scores 15.7 points and adds 5.7 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Huskies’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- The Huskies’ top rebounder is Walters — he grabs 6.8 per game while scoring 10.4 points per game.
- Jason Strong is dependable from three-point range and leads the Huskies with 1.8 made threes per game.
- Walker (2.0 steals per game) and Alexander Nwagha (0.7 blocks per game) pace the Huskies in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found