The Incarnate Word Cardinals (8-13) will try to stop a five-game losing streak when they host the Houston Baptist Huskies (5-18) on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at Leonard E. Merrell Center as just 1-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total in the matchup is set at 143.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Incarnate Word (+1)||Over (143)||Houston Baptist 73 Incarnate Word 72|
- In 17 of 23 games (73.9%) this season, the Huskies and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- Incarnate Word has played in eight games this year (out of 21 total matchups — 38.1% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 143 points.
- These two teams average a combined 139.5 points per game, 3.5 fewer points than the total of 143 set for this game.
- The Huskies and the Cardinals have seen their opponents average a combined 9.9 more points per game than the over/under of 143 set for this matchup.
- The Huskies average point total in matchups this year is 153.1, 10.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under for Cardinals games this year is 3.7 less points than the point total of 143 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Huskies average only 0.2 more points per game (71.5) than the Cardinals give up (71.3).
- Houston Baptist has a 6-0-1 record against the spread and a 5-6 record overall when putting up more than 71.3 points.
- When Incarnate Word allows more than 71.5 points, it is 3-6 against the spread and 0-10 overall.
- The Cardinals score an average of 68 points per game, 13.6 fewer points than the 81.6 the Huskies give up.
- In games it scores more than 81.6 points, Incarnate Word is 1-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Houston Baptist’s record is 2-17 overall and 7-9-1 against the spread when it allows more than 68 points to its opponents.
- The Huskies have a negative point differential on the season (-233 total points, -10.1 per game), as do the Cardinals (-71 total points, -3.3 per game).
Houston Baptist Betting Information
- Houston Baptist has been good against the spread this season, posting a 10-9-1 record.
- The Huskies have covered half the time, going 2-2 against the spread when favored by at least 1 points.
- The Huskies have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 8 of 20 games (40%).
Incarnate Word Betting Information
- Incarnate Word has an even record against the spread, going 8-8-1 ATS.
- The Cardinals have not fared well as a 1-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 1-point underdogs.
- In most of Incarnate Word’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (6 out of 17 games, 35.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/3/2021||Houston Baptist||-4.5||142.5||-203||+165||Regular Season||72-67 HOUBAP|
|1/27/2021||Incarnate Word||-1.5||149||-125||+104||Regular Season||73-57 HOUBAP|
|3/4/2020||Incarnate Word||-2.5||159.5||-143||+117||Regular Season||88-76 HOUBAP|
|1/29/2020||Houston Baptist||-7||167||-319||+243||Regular Season||84-82 INCAR|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||118-111 HOUBAP|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||96-92 HOUBAP|
Houston Baptist Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Huskies is Pedro Castro, who averages 14.2 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
- Houston Baptist’s best passer is Jade Tse, who averages 3.0 assists per game to go with his 4.0 PPG scoring average.
- Za-Ontay Boothman paces his teammates on the Huskies with 1.9 made threes per outing.
- Castro is a standout on the defensive end for Houston Baptist, leading the team in steals with 1.3 per game and blocks with 1.1 per contest.
Incarnate Word Leaders
- Keaston Willis scores 19.1 points per game to be the top scorer for the Cardinals.
- The Incarnate Word leaders in rebounding and assists are Marcus Larsson with 7.0 rebounds per game (he also adds 8.6 points and 0.9 assists per game) and Des Balentine with 4.0 assists per game (he also tacks on 7.5 points and 3.5 rebounds per game).
- Willis knocks down 2.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Cardinals.
- Incarnate Word’s leader in steals is Willis with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Larsson with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED